Talk

Advanced search

protein /meal replacement with little or no vitamin A

(2 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Thu 28-Jan-16 19:28:58

I am poorly with hyperemesis and need nutrition. I know ideally this would come through food but I just can't eat much. Despite having anti emetics

I called the dr today who was next to useless.

Does anyone know of any meal replacement shakes or protein mixes that have little or no added vitamin a please?

Thanks

FavadiCacao Fri 29-Jan-16 15:20:23

Sorry to hear you're poorly. flowers
Congratulation on your pregnancy. smile (Assuming due to VitA avoidance)

I don't know of any protein shakes or meal replacements, I think you're going to struggle as they're not designed for pregnancy and they're probably too low calories, whilst designed to fill you up.

If you are able to keep down fluids, you could try broths (ideally bone broths). They are rich in nutrients; the meat would be very tender, so you would be able to eat very small bites; the meat could even be blitzed or you could stir in a egg.
Try keeping the fats high, as your baby's brain is going to need them.
Coconut oil is easily digested and it's soothing in acid reflux, it might even help to settle your stomach a bit. You could add some to veg/fruit smoothies or just on its own.

Have you tried magnesium oil or epsom salt baths? Some women find it slows or stops the sickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now