Talk

Advanced search

Rye bread

(3 Posts)
sky1010 Thu 07-Jan-16 22:13:27

I know all bread even wholegrains are carbs and therefore sugar, but bear with me...

I dislike salads unless they are super fancy (and cannot be bothered with too much faff) and the cooked vegetables I like are high carb and starchy. I don't mind Mediterranean veg (pepper/onion/courgette) but I eat it all the time and I was bored tonight.

I had some rye bread in for a guest, so I looked at the carb content and for the teensy slice I had, it was 6g of carbs. Also read some testimonials on diabetic forums who claim it does not spike their blood sugar.

I toasted it and had it under some buttery lemony haddock and some spinach and it was the loveliest, most satisfying thing I had in a while.

Do you reckon a small portion of rye bread with some leaves and protein a few times a week for dinner would stall me?

MsRinky Fri 08-Jan-16 22:52:38

You can only try it and see, we are all different. My low carb life has been transformed since I discovered that I can eat potatoes without stalling.

SquadGoals Sat 09-Jan-16 16:44:49

Except for a slice of rye bread before the gym, I eat low carb.

I've lost over 4kg in a month (including 2 weeks over Christmas and NY where I wasn't low carbing or exercising) so it seems to work for me.

Second Rinky - I think you have to see what you can and can't tolerate. I think it also depends on whether you are looking to lose a lot, not have a lot to lose or are maintaining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now