Talk

Advanced search

Craving chocolate!!

(13 Posts)
Sammy1888 Tue 05-Jan-16 15:02:21

Been doing low carb/ Atkins for a few days now, it's going well-ish. Already lost a few pounds, probably water weight but is motivating all the same.
Only problem is, I'm craving chocolate so badly! Been fending the cravings off by eating berries, cream and a few almonds
which I know isn't allowed in phase 1 but thought it was probably better than a family sized bar of galaxy.
Even so, it's just not hitting the spot! I've seen some of you talking about very dark chocolate being ok? Is this right? Any particular brand?
I know I'm supposed to be going cold turkey but I think I will just succumb either way so would rather find a chocolate fix that doesn't completely fuck things up grin

FavadiCacao Tue 05-Jan-16 15:19:59

I love 85% chocolate! You can get in any supermarket. smile
One square is probably all you'll need to quash the craving.

CakeFail Tue 05-Jan-16 15:27:52

Atkins make their own chocolate bars I think! I've never tried them but my sister loves them. Not sure how many carbs per bar. She buys them at Holland and Barratt but can get them in some supermarkets I think and on Amazon.

QuiteLikely5 Tue 05-Jan-16 15:30:07

Buy some green and blacks 85pc chocolate or a teaspoon of hot chocolate powder whipped round into full fat cream is great

I know biwi wouldn't like this though! blush

CakeFail Tue 05-Jan-16 15:38:47

Oh also Christine Cronau makes a lc hot chocolate with cacao, milk and stevia.

Sammy1888 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:47:20

Oh perfect! Wasn't sure of the %. Can't wait gringrin

Sammy1888 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:47:50

Oh and I looked at the Atkins bars but they're 1.60 for a tiny bar shock one way of cutting down I guess!

ppeatfruit Tue 05-Jan-16 16:53:26

How about a hot chocolate, the dark over 70% choc. with almond\rice milk, which is naturally sweet, and a bit of cream whipped up and some grated chic on top.

ppeatfruit Tue 05-Jan-16 16:54:20

grated chocolate on top of course!

CakeFail Tue 05-Jan-16 17:01:19

Grated chic sounds like a mighty fine topping too! grin

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Jan-16 10:31:14

grin Cake

Have you managed to assuage (good word!) your cravings Sammy ?

Sammy1888 Wed 06-Jan-16 12:40:51

I ended up having a couple of glasses of wine at bingo last night and bought a big bag of revels blush back on the horse today though! Definitely no more wine and some 85% choc in the cupboard for the next time I can't resist!

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Jan-16 16:29:05

Oh dear grin But great that you're jumping back on! If I remember correctly you can have cream on the Atkins. Dh lost heaps of weight on it, it suited him (shame he's forgotten !!!)

It made me ill, I'm not good on pure protein, but I do eat low carb (no wheat). I'm also on Paul Mackenna which is much more doable for me (forever actually!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now