Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can some one have a quick glance at this and tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

(4 Posts)
Whathaveilost Thu 22-Oct-15 18:35:12

I'm a veggie and trying to reduce carbs for weight loss. Yesterday I had
Breakfast
Almond milk and protein powder shake. (This suited me because normally I'm a cereal girl and I was at work so can't really cook

Lunch
Quinoa with feta cheese, olive oil, tablespoon of sweet coen, avocado and chick peas

Tea. ( meal outall steak and grills or pasta no salads struggled)
2x cheese bites
1 pt of soda water.

Day 2.
Breakfast
Full fat natural yogurt with 1 banana

Lunch
Peppers, onions, carrot, chick peas creepy fried in olive oil and simmered in a stock cube with sesame seeds and chilli flakes.

I get there are carbs in chick peas but I needed protein.

I'm not trying to eliminate carbs completely but to severely reduce them.

Ant ideas or tips for a carb loving veggie with weight to lose.

Whathaveilost Fri 23-Oct-15 11:00:34

Anyone?

Blodss Mon 26-Oct-15 21:22:40

I think you need to look on the internet or get a book for veggie low carb as generally low carb means eating more animal protein.

SharkSkinThing Tue 27-Oct-15 13:28:47

Hi what.

You may need to do the 2 week bootcamp to really get things going. I eat fish but no meat, and I eat a lot of eggs and tofu. Fruit is a no no and so you need to be eating less than 20g of carbs a day. Perhaps work out what that looks like in chick pea terms?

Yoghurt is fine, not sure about quinoa. Your protein does not have to be animal!

I think if you are ditching the sugar and really reducing carbs like pasta, bread and spuds, you'll see a diffence. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now