We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hot, sugar free drinks which don't stain teeth?

(13 Posts)
Frostycake Mon 05-Oct-15 13:31:49

Just that really?

Is there such a thing?

The tea and coffee I'm drinking are ruining my teeth (I've now got stains INBETWEEN my teeth) so I'm looking for something warm to drink but I'm low-carbing/going sugar free so struggling.

Any suggestions?

OddSocksHighHeels Mon 05-Oct-15 17:07:20

The only hot drinks I have that aren't tea or coffee are bouillon and Marmite dissolved in water. They might work if you like salty drinks?

Otherwise what about herbal teas? I don't know if they're any different to standard teas.

Doublebubblebubble Mon 05-Oct-15 17:10:37

I was thinking herbal teas (chai is nice with milk or without)

but my personal favourite is lemon tea... (it is instant) I'm fairly sure you can get sugar free as well x

TheVeryHungryPreggo Mon 05-Oct-15 17:11:15

Hot water with a squeezed lemon wedge.

Hot unsweetened almond milk (with cocoa and stevia for low-carb cocoa).

Hot broth or bouillon.

Flower teas.

VulcanWoman Mon 05-Oct-15 17:15:08

Fruit herbal teas, Twinings do some nice ones.
Hot chocolate.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 05-Oct-15 17:19:02

Twinings do a lovely Buttermint tea which is peppermint with vanilla flavouring. Smells like toffee and tastes like Everton mints! I prefer herbal to fruit teas myself - find fruit teas always disappointingly acid.
Also Yogi teas do various choco-foavoured ones, made with the coca shell rather than the bean. They're not particularly strong but pleasant.

SourceofInformation Mon 05-Oct-15 17:21:37

I drink plain hot water. It does take a bit of getting used to but now I prefer it to tea and I used to drink gallons of tea

MrsAukerman Mon 05-Oct-15 17:24:49

Chamomile tea or peppermint tea.
Lemon and ginger tea is nice too.
Hot water with lemon is nice but can be quite acidic on the tooth enamel.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 05-Oct-15 22:19:31

A friend of mine makes tea from lemon skins; keeps them in the fridge in a zip bag after squeezing, then steeps them in boiling water. It's less acid than the juice.

bodenbiscuit Mon 05-Oct-15 22:23:44

One solution is to brush your teeth after every cup of tea or coffee.

annatha Mon 05-Oct-15 22:43:53

Hot water with ginger is surprisingly nice, it tastes lovely and sweet like ginger biscuits. I just chuck a slice in a mug for a couple of minutes then fish it out.

therenter Mon 12-Oct-15 20:15:33

I also used to drink lots and lots of tea. I have cut down to just 2 cups a day now and am instead drinking copious amounts of chamomile tea. I don't like strong tasting herbal teas and I find that chamomile tea has a lovely gently flavour.
Nicknamed Camel tea in our house now after dd3 asked to try some and immediately said "it doesn't taste like camels!"

Frostycake Fri 16-Oct-15 16:05:41

I don't think fruit tea is allowed on low-carb diets but I'll find out and try.

Ah! Ginger! Hadn't thought of that. Might try a slice of lime or lemon too.

Not sure about the boulion but it would fit in with low carb.

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now