Talk

Advanced search

Desperately need help

(3 Posts)
BollockyBollocks Sat 01-Aug-15 09:50:18

Hello!
Started low carb on Monday, all good, stuck to plan.
Then I got what I think was food poisoning Wednesday night. Was sick as a dog. Ended up eating biscuits Thursday as it was only thing I could tolerate.
So felt lots better yesterday but could only manage 2 babybel and small portion of fish last night.
This morning I still can't stomach food and was nearly sick eating my eggs.

So, what do I do? I'm getting married in 5 weeks so no time to mess about.
It was working too, I can see a difference already. Don't want to go back to carbs but I literally can't face anything else!
Help!!

BollockyBollocks Sat 01-Aug-15 09:57:28

Just to add, it's not sweets or chocolate I'm craving but toast or crackers or bread or crisps?

BIWI Mon 03-Aug-15 15:23:40

Sorry you're so poorly sad

Try as much as you can not to eat carbs - it only means you're going to have to start all over again. In extremis, a slice of wholemeal toast, dry, will help you - but avoid the biscuits and crisps.

The key thing is that you keep hydrated - plenty of fluids, but also you need a bit of salt in what you're drinking.

If you're still feeling sick, don't force yourself to eat. When you're feeling better how about some soup? You can make a low carb soup from low carb veg, like celery or leeks - buy some good quality chicken stock. That should be nice and gentle for your stomach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now