Talk

Advanced search

Is cream cheese a good option?

(6 Posts)
cathcustard Sat 13-Jun-15 19:45:16

I can't really face breakfast before work so I take some (Total with berries & flax) to have midmorning but I feel I should eat something.
I've been having a few spoonfuls of Philadelphia (4g carb per 100g) however I'm sure I've read it's not a good choice.
Any opinions?

HelenF350 Sat 13-Jun-15 19:54:48

How about cottage cheese?

cathcustard Sat 13-Jun-15 20:00:54

I could but it doesn't have the lovely mouth feel of cream grin
Thanks though

SayraT Sat 13-Jun-15 21:08:56

Philly cheese is fine I think. Why do you think that it isn't?

cathcustard Sat 13-Jun-15 21:17:03

Nothing specific Sayra more the suggestion that hard cheese is somehow better. Happy to carry on though, thanks.

miffy49 Sun 14-Jun-15 11:55:10

Cream cheese (full fat) is a bit higher in carb than hard cheese but its still lower than cottage cheese. I find I'm less likely to over eat cream cheese than hard though. With hard cheese its easier to keep on picking!

Why do you feel you 'should' eat? Are you getting hungry before lunch? Do you need to snack mid morning? If the yoghurt is satisfying you then you don't need to add anything else. When you start LC after being used to the low fat brainwashing you need to rethink your habits quite a lot. The food is far more sustaining so you wont need to pack away as much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now