Talk

Advanced search

simple low carb gluten free veggie ideas?

(8 Posts)
meglet Wed 03-Jun-15 09:27:26

I don't need to lose weight but middle age is creeping in and I feel better on a lower carb diet over the weekend.

what can I make? All I can think of is stuffed peppers confused .
off to work but will pop back later.

meglet Fri 05-Jun-15 14:49:10

tonight I'm having courgette pasta strips with a creamy, buttery, lemony, parsley sauce and loads of parmesan on top.

had Greek salad + avocado in lettuce leaf wrap for lunch. (with sweet potato crisps and sweet 'n' salt nuts, i'm not going the whole low carb hog because I'll waste away).

JessiePinkman Fri 05-Jun-15 14:52:14

How do you make that sauce meglet?
I like 2 big mushrooms hollowed out a bit, little bit of onion, red peppers chopped finely, crack an egg in each, sprinkle with feta, oven for 15 mins smile

JessiePinkman Fri 05-Jun-15 14:54:29

Cauliflower cheese bake
1 whole cauliflower steamed & blitzed into 'breDcrumbs' in food processor
2 eggs, handful Parmesan and or cheddar, in baking tin for 30mins
Very filling!

Amserhaf Fri 05-Jun-15 18:34:24

Cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom, onion and fresh tomato baked in the oven with olive oil and cheese sauce.

mixed nut with bean stuffed peppers

vegetable curry with cauli rice or poppadum with sides of yoghurt, mint and chopped spring onion.

aubergine, pepper, corgette, onion, mushroom, mixed nut bake with 3 cheese topping

avocado, feta walnut salad with herbs and fresh olive oil and lemon dressing

sweet potato chilli with yoghurt

cauliflower base pizza with mixed veg ,onions, capers and mixed cheese,

three bean chilli with dips

meglet Fri 05-Jun-15 20:47:36

here's the lemon linguine sauce [[ http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/24330-does-anybody-have-nigella-s-recipe-for-lemon-cream-pasta]] .

I can never get courgette pasta strips quite right though, they were a tad mushy and overcooked.

meglet Fri 05-Jun-15 20:48:53

thank you amser.

I went shopping earlier and it was almost all fruit and veg.

BIWI Thu 11-Jun-15 14:03:21

Or cauliflower cheese:

Break cauliflower into florets and boil/steam until tender
Drain them and put into an oven-proof dish
Pour over 300ml double cream (a medium sized pot), then sprinkle in as much grated mature cheddar as you want/like (probably a good 3-4 ounces/75-100g)
Season with black pepper and then bake in the oven till golden brown on the top. If you like you can add extra grated cheese on the top to get a crispy topping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now