Talk

Advanced search

Quick low carb lunches?

(12 Posts)
thecatsm0ther Mon 11-May-15 11:35:41

I work from home, but as I'm self employed and very busy from late morning onwards, I don't have much time to eat. Anyone got suggestions for quick and easy low carb lunches - not luxury food, I have a tight budget!

I often have eggs for breakfast, so wouldn't want them again for lunch. Soup doesn't fill me up for long.

Usually I eat jacket potato reheated in the microwave, but obviously this is not low carb.

thecatsm0ther Mon 11-May-15 12:50:15

Just had tuna Mayo for lunch, only thing I could think of, but I don't like tuna

juneavrile Wed 27-May-15 09:33:05

For future ref
mozzarella, avocado and tomato salad with olive oil and basil
Smoked mackerel with salad and dressing
A cheese omelette
Roast asparagus and soft boiled eggs
Greek salad

juneavrile Wed 27-May-15 09:34:45

By the way, asparagus and avocados are not particularly expensive if you have a street market nearby - mine in London sells asparagus for a £1 a bunch and 5 avos for a £1.

StGodolphin Wed 27-May-15 21:08:12

Cucumber, watercress and cottage cheese. Any salad with tons of prawns. Chilled roasted peppers, caugette and chicken. Asparagus and poached eggs. Salmon and spinach salad. Caugetti and roasted tomatoes with baked cod. Adding vinegar might help with the tuna.

StGodolphin Wed 27-May-15 21:08:44

Crustless mushroom quiche.

BIWI Wed 27-May-15 21:11:54

Leftovers from the previous night's dinner? One of my favourites is to roast a chicken, or cook a whole load of sausages (The Black Farmer are lovely and really low carb), with lots of roasted veg. Tonight we had a whole roasted cauliflower, a large onion (should have been shallots but there weren't any in Tesco when I went shopping today!), , red and yellow peppers, some green chillies and a couple of heads of garlic, and 3 vine tomatoes. Well seasoned and thoroughly doused in olive oil.

More than enough for the two of us, so my lunch (at work) will be a large chicken leg with a good helping of the roasted veg, with a very large dollop of mayo.

BIWI Wed 27-May-15 21:15:51

Today, at work I had:

6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Good handful baby spinach leaves
sliced cucumber (a piece of cucumber about 3 cm long)
a ball of mozzarella, diced
half a pack of chorizo cubes, cooked in the microwave

With olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and black pepper

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 27-May-15 21:19:04

Goats cheese wrapped in Parma ham and shallow fried until ham is crispy and cheese is gooey. Plonk on top of a load of leaves (spinach is good). Drizzle with dressing of half olive oil/half maple syrup. Add some toasted pine nuts if you like.

Marshpillow Fri 19-Jun-15 23:25:30

Tuna salad is easy I think,I just dump a tin of tuna on top of some mixed leaves and add cheese, boiled egg or avocado.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 20-Jun-15 00:16:45

Mapke syrup for low carb? shock <keels over>

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 20-Jun-15 00:17:35

marshpillow you make it sound so appetising with your choice of words! grin LOLing @ dump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now