Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unexpected downsides of weight loss….

(11 Posts)
Boardingblues Sat 09-May-15 13:54:59

There are many pluses of course, but there are some aspects that I had not foreseen….

I love reading on the loo… but my reduced bum provides less padding to counter that hard seat!

Prized items in my wardrobe are now in need of significant alteration or a trip to the local women's refuge (not such a bad thing I grant you)

Shop assistants are now bothering me more in shops - I love shopping but it is a solitary activity for me and I like it that way.

I have encountered "diet envy" where people undermining my attempts to diet and offering me food that they know that I deliberately avoiding.

There are many positives that outweigh (ha!) these grips… but has anyone else found any other unexpected issues?

JaniceJoplin Sat 09-May-15 13:56:13

Stretch marks!

WhenMarnieWasThere Sat 09-May-15 13:58:43

Gallbladder issues. Not me, I had lost lots of weight a couple of years ago, but slowly but it found me again and brought some friends . I've read lots of people on here who have had gallbladder issues after losing a lot of weight quickly.

Boardingblues Sat 09-May-15 14:05:13

Gripes not grips!

No stretch mark issues and my gallbladder went years ago (due to a deformity not diet)

MalletsMallet Sat 09-May-15 15:38:36

I'm one who had gallstones after losing weight quickly. I've lost over 6 stone since June last year and had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago. The annoying thing is my slimming world consultant has never heard that rapid weight loss causes gallstones to form and she looked at me like I was making it up when I told her!

I now find that people just want to talk about my weight loss all the time. Every time I see DM she makes a comment like "look at how skinny you are" (I'll never be skinny) or "I can't get used to you being so skinny".
People at work obsessing over what food I bring in to eat and demanding break-downs of what I eat on a daily basis.

StGodolphin Sat 09-May-15 15:56:34

My face looks different.

Extra skin that I dont want.

Better skin and fewer spots.

Boardingblues Sat 09-May-15 18:09:37

My husband said "Bloody hell you can see that you have lost weight in that outfit" I grew with pride!

"The only problem is that is makes your face look a lot older" I went out shopping for potions at that point.

Mega-facial booked for tomorrow.

toffeeboffin Sun 10-May-15 01:47:16

Smaller boobs.

Jealous comments, 'Oh, are you anorexic now or what?'.

I weigh ten stones. I don't think anyone diagnosed with anorexia ever weighed ten stones!

senrensareta Sun 10-May-15 01:56:52

Weight loss definitely causes sagging. I am in my 50s so am at the age to be prone to that anyway but I am developing a really doughy look to my tummy and thighs. I'm worried I'll end up with one of those horrid "aprons".
I was also told recently by a frozen faced beautician that I should have fillers as my jawline has dropped

Re gallstones. The people I have heard complaining of this have all lost weight with Slimming World. Is that a coincidence? Am I wrong and is it more general?

StGodolphin Wed 27-May-15 21:14:19

I can tumble dry my clothes now as I am not so worried about shrinking them smile

AmelieinOz Thu 04-Jun-15 21:25:31

I don't think my face looks older (actually younger) but the neck is a different story. I now have saggy, chicken neck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now