Talk

Advanced search

Cauliflower rice

(7 Posts)
BotoxBitch Thu 16-Apr-15 23:13:28

Can anyone tell me how to make cauliflower rice?

blessedenough Thu 16-Apr-15 23:17:24

I blitz it in my food processor using the grating blade, then cover with clingfilm (poke a hole in it) and nuke in microwave for 6-7 mins. I dont miss rice at all. I cook it like this and then stir fry it for egg fried rice - yum

BIWI Sat 18-Apr-15 18:49:57

I blitz it in the processor until it looks like couscous, then I add it to a large wok, in which I've already stir-fried shallots, garlic and chilli.

Fry (with plenty of coconut oil) for about 5-6 minutes till it's cooked.

You can add all kinds of other ingredients like left over cooked chicken, sliced peppers, a few peas (not too many as they get carby quickly), etc.

Sometimes I also add an egg and scramble it at the bottom of the wok, then stir it through the cauliflower so it's like egg fried rice.

BotoxBitch Sun 19-Apr-15 12:04:23

This has been great this weekend. Had what turned out like a paella dish on Friday then a curry last night. Really enjoyed it. Used the nutribullet to blast the cauliflower. Worked out great. Thanks

AmelieinOz Thu 04-Jun-15 21:23:22

I don't have food processor or nutribullet so I just use a cheese grater. Comes out fine.

SillyBub Thu 04-Jun-15 21:26:31

I use the blade on my food processor to make it like cous cous and then microwave it in a suitable container for 2½ minutes.

grumpyoldlady Sun 05-Jul-15 00:50:05

Made kedgeree tonight...pulse cauliflower in hand blender cup until it looks like rice/couscous.
Hardboil 2/3 eggs. Afetr a couple of minutes I dropped a couple of pieces of smoked haddock into the eggs to poach at the same time.
In a wok or large pan, saute chopped onion in about 100g of butter, then add in the cauli and curry powder to taste. Cook for a couple of mins to soften cauliflower. Flake the fish and chop the eggs. Add to the pan, with a handful of chopped spring onions/asparagus/peas for colour.
Turned out great!, we cleared the plates and I will definitely make it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now