Talk

Advanced search

Low Carb options

(5 Posts)
ruthhart68 Sat 10-Jan-15 15:04:41

Hi, can anyone help me with some low carb ideas for a walking holiday I am going in 2 weeks time. I am staying in a hotel so breakfast I can do with egg and bacon as options, evening meal is fine with meat/fish and salad or veg. My problem is while I'm out all day hill walking! What can I take with me? So far I can only think of tinned fish, nuts and baby bell. I'm not sure if this would be enough. What do you think please. Any help on this would be really appreciated

LordEmsworth Mon 12-Jan-15 10:11:16

Avocado.

Pre-cooked quinoa in packs from the supermarket, with baby tomatoes & pre-packed marinated feta (quinoa isn't strictly low carb, but it is good protein & if you're hill walking all day you might want to include some good carbs) - mix it in a tupperware, maybe with a bit of oil & vinegar. Maybe with some pumpkin seeds to sprinkle over the top.

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 13-Jan-15 16:22:55

If you look on the boot camp recipe thread there are some recipes for muffins, crust less quiche, frittata etc. They might do you for lunch. Lots of other options on there too. Have a good holiday - I'm envious smile

antimatter Wed 14-Jan-15 08:24:30

Cold meat, some mayo for dipping or hummus.
You can have veg crudites with it as well.
Plain yoghurt.

CatWomantotheRescue Wed 14-Jan-15 08:32:44

Beef jerky. Atkins meal replacement bars.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: