Talk

Advanced search

Help with with the basics.

(3 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 17-Nov-14 14:57:56

I'm thinking of low carbing for a week or two to give me a weight loss boost. I've put on far too much weight this year and I need to shift some quick to get me in the weight loss zone. What are the basics that I can stick to to give me a good kick start? Will probably switch to 5:2 or something after this as I know I won't be able to keep up low carbing, I like my carbs too much to sustain it long term.

pootlebug Mon 24-Nov-14 07:59:04

In all likelihood, you'll lose a few pounds mainly via water loss and then it will pretty much all go back on again when you stop low carbing. It can be a quick fix if for instance you want to fit in a slightly-too-small dress in a weeks time, but the longer term benefit if you stop doing it relatively quickly is pretty negligible tbh.

SarahCraine Tue 25-Nov-14 03:40:03

In my case, I don't limit myself to what I consume. I eat what I want, only making sure that it's healthy and I can get nutrients from it. Also, I have just partnered it with regular exercise enough sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now