Talk

Advanced search

Candida diet

(6 Posts)
maiscout Tue 23-Sep-14 13:49:27

Hi everyone,

I have just been diagnosed (based on symptoms) with a candida overgrowth. My symptoms were IBS, bloating, gas, UTI's, thrush, post nasal drip and dry blurry eyes.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this?
What did you do?

I'm on an anti candida diet which I've seen a few people post about, but they never follow up saying if it worked or not and if they got better.

I'm desperate for any info I can get!

Thanks,
Mai

(I posted this in health too cause I'm not sure what it would come under. So sorry if it looks like I'm spamming!)

StoneTheFlamingCrows Tue 23-Sep-14 13:58:40

Who diagnosed you?

Candida is often quite an alternative/controversial diagnosis.

I did try this once, not sure how beneficial it was but was fairly miserable. I used a book called Candida albicans by Leo chaitow iirc. I was diagnosed by a kinisiologist (which I now think is utter bollocks).

I may have helped my migraines a bit. But I have found just following a lie carb diet in general has helped my migraines, energy levels, ibs, allergies and endometriosis so may be something in it I guess!

StoneTheFlamingCrows Tue 23-Sep-14 14:00:35

(I follow atkins principles btw. There are lots of things I eat that probably wouldn't be allowed on a candida diet such as mushrooms, Quorn, artificial sweeteners, cheese etc. I have found that just reducing my carb/grain consumption has helped me no end)

LadyCassandra Tue 23-Sep-14 14:07:49

I did the candida diet for a couple of months when I'd had recurring thrush for over a year. I stuck to it rigidly as I was so fed up, but I'm not sure it helped. I ended u going back to the doctors and getting all the different thrush treatments and blasting it!
I'm currently doing no sugar but not seeing any results so far (apart from weight loss!)

maiscout Tue 23-Sep-14 15:10:47

I was diagnosed by a naturopath.

I'm honestly not sure what to believe or think anymore sad There is obviously something wrong with me but my GP can't find anything and just gave me the umbrella diagnosis of IBS. However I don't think I have IBS since I get symptoms whenever I eat ANYTHING and not just certain foods.

I was hoping to hear that it helped some people sad

Did you guys use anti-fungals and probiotics alongside the diet?

Pinkie71 Mon 24-Nov-14 14:06:13

I've struggled with thrush for a couple of years and having just had.surgery a couple of weak ago with all the pills and antibiotics, it hS come back really bad. I did the dukan diet a couple of years ago and felt great on it and this is pretty much sugar free. I've decided to start this again today and see if it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now