Talk

Advanced search

Courgette "spaghetti"; tonight, any thoughts?

(4 Posts)
Snoot Tue 23-Jul-13 18:09:16

I've spent ages julienning two courgettes, cutting myself twice into the bargain and I'm now sick if the sight of courgette and really don't fancy it for supper! However... has anyone tried this before? I can't find the original recipe but I think it was either to salt or lightly steam the courgette and then to use it as spaghetti, I've made meatballs and sauce, so hot!!!

peggotty Tue 23-Jul-13 18:13:13

You can stick it in the microwave in a dish with cling film over it for a couple of mins or just fry it in butter again for couple of mins. 2 average sized courgettes doesn't give you much 'spaghetti' btw - is it just for you?

Snoot Tue 23-Jul-13 18:20:56

Thanks pegotti, the microwave is a great idea, I never think of it! I'll do proper spaghetti for everyone else and then try to look like mine is just as nice wink. We're going out later and I'm attempting to not have to wash my hair so I might leave the frying step for another attempt or is this not a good idea? I generally sauté courgette with garlic and wouldn't consider eating it without heavy flavouring and browning, perhaps this is a bad idea!

peggotty Tue 23-Jul-13 18:34:13

Yes just micro it this time! Add a teeny bit if oil and salt and pepper (if you like). Frying it is really easy too though. It's more like tagliatelle than spaghetti when I do it though as I slice it quite widely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now