Talk

Advanced search

Planning weeks menu for briffa style diet?

(6 Posts)
gofaster Sun 26-May-13 13:30:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gofaster Sun 26-May-13 20:23:22

MrsHerculePoirot Sun 26-May-13 20:25:02

Hello! What types of things do you usually serve your family?

MrsHerculePoirot Sun 26-May-13 20:28:05

Spaghetti bol - you just have the bolognese without pasta and instead add in some green veg (perhaps courgette ribbons or little gem lettuce leaves)

Low cab sausages - ou have with acceptable veg, they have with whatever the usually have

BBQ if weather nice - home made burgers, bunless obvs

I'm from bootcamp threads though, and they pretty much cover all meals so not sure what your family will eat if you think nothing from there...

gofaster Sun 26-May-13 20:39:11

MrsHerculePoirot Mon 27-May-13 09:46:36

Breaded fish - make your own but use grated Parmesan instead of breadcrumbs.

Lasagne can make low carb version of cheese sauce and replace lasagne with emmenthal/ courgettes etc... Various versions.

Steak pie - just make the filling eg casserole for
You with green veg.

You can make cauliflower rice instead of usual rice. Obvs filled pasta /macaroni cheese need changing but you could just have the filling bit if the pasta with veg or cheesy veg instead. Low carb cheese sauce is delicious. Eggs on toast you just don't have toast.

My DD is three and a half and she does have more carbs than us, but through this woe eats a lot more veg than I think she would otherwise. Of course she still had pasta some days and injury have something different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now