Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know when the next bootcamp starts?

(20 Posts)
CloudsCanLookLikeSheep Fri 23-Aug-19 10:57:24

I'm desperate to lose some poundage and planning on starting low carbing from the beginning of Sept after a couple of weekends away, and the end to a carby boozy summer.
Does anyone know when next bootcamp is?

FinallyHere Fri 23-Aug-19 14:49:39

Hello and welcome

I'm not sure about the date of the next boot camp but I'm sticking to the rules outside the boot camps. There is usually a thread that continues to provide support

How about just starting now.

CloudsCanLookLikeSheep Fri 23-Aug-19 15:19:31

I'm away this weekend, mid week and next weekend. That's why not!

RubySlippers77 Fri 23-Aug-19 23:28:32

I'm hoping there will be one soon too @CloudsCanLookLikeSheep, but if not we can support each other till one starts?

I'm planning to start September 2nd and have 3.5 stone to lose. Hopefully low carbing will help!

BIWI Sun 25-Aug-19 17:36:59

Probably mid-October for the next one.

RubySlippers77 Sun 25-Aug-19 19:55:49

Thank you BIWI!

princessbear80 Tue 27-Aug-19 11:07:12

I’m starting today. I was really successful on the Oct boot camp that started in Oct 2017. I followed it and kept going up until Feb 2018, and lost about 2.5 stone in total. Since then I’ve put it all back on, plus another half a stone - I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been. I need to make a change once and for all. I now realise lchf will be a lifestyle choice for life. Anyone who wants to join me please do!

CloudsCanLookLikeSheep Tue 27-Aug-19 14:58:05

I'd love to join you princessbear, i've done LCHF successfully in the past but really lost it the past year or so and am also now the heaviest I've been (although too scared to get on the scales and find out exactly)

FinallyHere Tue 27-Aug-19 16:05:12

Ohh, great idea, I'm up for starting now, too

I've almost drunk all my water for day.

princessbear80 Tue 27-Aug-19 18:17:36

Glad you’re both starting. I’ve realised the last thread from the last board is still going so I’m going to be posting on there.

CloudsCanLookLikeSheep Tue 27-Aug-19 19:10:39

Won't be able to join until next week as I'm away from home, but I've gone enormous so need to sort myself out

Carbs are my nemesis.

FinallyHere Tue 27-Aug-19 20:08:57

Great, princess bear, shall see you over there
😀

RubySlippers77 Tue 27-Aug-19 23:40:52

Thank you @princessbear80! You may be on a new thread by the time I'm able to join next week but I'll keep an eye on that one too grin

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 30-Aug-19 20:50:32

If you're starting now TAKE PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS.

Sorry for shouting but you will thank me.

RubySlippers77 Sat 31-Aug-19 23:51:20

@MrsTerryPratchett my friend sent me a photo she'd taken of me with one of my DC - I thought it was going to be a nice photo, I was smiling and happy - nope, double chin and chubby arm tastic shock sad

I will be keeping the photo whilst hating it with the measurements etc as encouragement!!

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 01-Sep-19 00:49:33

double chin and chubby arm tastic

Awesome. That picture is gold.

Kewcumber Thu 05-Sep-19 10:33:05

I'll be joining. Did a Facebook bootcamp which had some interesting ideas and got my portion sizes a bit better under control. So I'm keen to do another type of bootcamp to hold me accountable.

CloudsCanLookLikeSheep Thu 12-Sep-19 09:14:15

Well I finally got on the scales after many months in head-in-sand land, and it's bad but not quite as bad as I thought... I'm starting low carbing now in preparation for official bootcamp. Looking forward to getting some weight off, I feel like the mitchelin man at the moment!

Destinysdaughter Thu 12-Sep-19 18:03:17

Agree about taking pictures and measurements, it's striking what a difference it makes even if the scales aren't showing a huge loss!

Rayna37 Sat 05-Oct-19 13:22:33

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/3705924-The-next-Low-Carb-Bootcamp-starts-on-14-October?msgid=90477359

Sign up thread for the next bootcamp is here if anyone has missed it - starts 14th October.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »