Talk

Advanced search

1 week mini bootcamp

(37 Posts)
mickeymacca Mon 19-Mar-18 09:32:43

Hello all I've really enjoyed following your boot camp it's been really inspiring and motivating for me. I've lost 7 lbs since January which I'm both pleased and disappointed about... I'm doing a one week mini boot camp to give myself a kick-start as I've not been very strict the last few weeks. Anyone care to join me? Starts this morning from now! 😬

mickeymacca Mon 19-Mar-18 12:13:04

So my plan this week is no alcohol no nuts and mainly eggs for evening meal whether that be fritata or omelette with veg in etc. Im going to try and keep things as simple as possible. I drink lots of tea so my plan to increase my water consumption is to leave a large glass next to the kettle and every time I want a cuppa I have to drink a whole glass of water first...

mickeymacca Tue 20-Mar-18 07:30:12

So my plan to not eat any nuts didn't exactly work out... Overall a pretty good day though. Managed to drink lots of water and slightly less tea. Goal today is to not give in to the premenstrual carb cravings!! Pork scratchings at the ready!

mickeymacca Tue 20-Mar-18 13:24:18

Dear diary 😂 having a good day so far.... Boiled egg with mayo for breakfast and then salami, avocado and egg for lunch. 2 pints of water so far.

NSEA Tue 20-Mar-18 19:50:31

Are you having an egg diet? Good luck!

mickeymacca Tue 20-Mar-18 20:14:55

Hi NSEA kind of! I cant do a strict egg fast as I don't think I could stomach it!

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 21-Mar-18 11:40:29

Sounds like you're doing well!

I should join you. Yesterday didn't go that well. Lunch was ok, as I only had what I took in to eat (salad of tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and sausages, with oil on; then yoghurt and double cream) but the evening went off piste. I really fancied some mozzarella so made some crisps with them, which weren't very crispy and were rather oily, but I managed to eat about half a pack's worth of cheese in the process! Then I had some toast and butter (whoops!) whilst waiting for DP to appear from the garden. I eventually put something on for him just before 9 (in the hope he'd turn up eventually) but by then wasn't really feeling like anything myself. I had a pear just before bed.

In the meantime DP had thrown his fish onto the top of the remaining crisps which meant there were none left for me today sad. (I hate fish with a passion, and would not have eaten fish-flavoured cheese if you'd paid me!)

EachandEveryone Wed 21-Mar-18 11:46:03

I can join from tomorrow as I’m already at work

mickeymacca Wed 21-Mar-18 12:23:04

Hi thanks for joining me! I like fish but not even I would eat fishy cheese!! I've just got in from work and eaten a load of peanuts - I don't know whats wrong with me I'm obsessed with them. Plan tonight for dinner is eggs baked in avocado. I've never had it like that but my friend tells me its lovely.....I'll report back!

mickeymacca Wed 21-Mar-18 12:23:44

welcome Each! I'm going to post my stats in a minute ...

mickeymacca Wed 21-Mar-18 22:09:09

Well dinner was awesome!!

mickeymacca Wed 21-Mar-18 22:11:13

Soooo my current weight is 11 stone 9lbs. My target weight is 10 stone. I'm going to weigh myself Monday morning... Hoping to lose 2lbs minimum by then. We'll see.

mickeymacca Fri 23-Mar-18 09:45:30

So going good so far. Didn't have breakfast yesterday due to bad planning. Lunch was smashed avocado with 2 fried eggs and lots of chilli sauce then dinner was roast chicken with yummy crispy skin and mayo. Didn't have any veg and didn't feel like salad so I need to get some veg down me today. Very poor water drinking yesterday so must try harder today. Haven't had breakfast yet but am planning a lovely mushroom omelette for brunch I think. Dinner is going to be home made curried scotch eggs which I will roll in ground almonds. The weekend looming is worrying me a bit as that's always the hardest time but I'm determined to see 11,7 on the scales Monday morning so will plan my meals later to get me through.

MelanieCheeks Fri 23-Mar-18 20:25:41

I love your idea of a one week blast! You're doing a great job.

I really enjoyed my dinner tonight - I'd bought some rare roast beef on the reduced shelf, and made it into a salad with feta, watermelon, sugarsnaps and cucmber (Ii had a few hazelnuts in it as well....) dressed with hazelnut oil and red pepper flakes.

Mandelinka Sat 24-Mar-18 12:26:21

Hi mickey,
How is you mini boot camp going?
If you are keen to do extra week, I’d love to join you.
I’ve completed one boot camp last year but sadly dropped out in week 2 from the last one due to health issues.
I need to loose about stone and half and need some motivation. I’m lowering my carbs over the weekend and would like to start officially on Monday with proper meal planning etc.
Let me know your thoughts x

mickeymacca Sat 24-Mar-18 14:23:10

Hi Mandalinka thanks for your message yes I'd love to do another week with you. Its going good so far a couple of wobbles but good mainly. We have a similar amount of weight to lose too 👍 x

She326 Sat 24-Mar-18 22:53:26

Please can I join too. I have been trying to lose 1.5 stones since January . I have joined slimming world but I think I really need to cut out carbs to shift the weight.

Mandelinka Sun 25-Mar-18 15:43:13

Hi She and well done Mickey for completing your week!
I’m trying to lower my carb intake over this weekend to be ready for Monday. The house is full of Easter treats so it’s not easy

I made big bowl of salad/dip with finely chopped celery stalks, spring onion, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and salmon.
This will be a side for my celery sticks, peppers, avo half’s etc
There are some meatballs in the fridge and mushrooms so I guess that’s my Monday sorted.

How is everyone getting on?

mickeymacca Sun 25-Mar-18 20:41:13

Welcome She. Mandelinka that sounds great. I've stuck to low carb mostly this weekend and managed to avoid some lovely crusty bread (sobs). Didn't manage to avoid the Haribo this afternoon though 😳 Hoping for 11,7 on the scales tomorrow.... 😕

Mandelinka Mon 26-Mar-18 11:17:10

Official weigh in:
152.5 lbs hmm

Breakfast: big mug of green tea
Mushrooms, spinach and poached egg
Snack: late

mickeymacca Mon 26-Mar-18 12:37:13

Hi Melaniecheeks welcome sorry I missed your message Friday. That meal sounded lovely.
I weighed in exactly the same today which is disappointing but I'm putting it down to time of the month. Not going to let it get me down though as my jeans feel a bit loose today so that's all good.
Breakfast - none
lunch - salami with mozarella and avocado
dinner - tbc...

Mandelinka Mon 26-Mar-18 18:37:24

Dinner:
Mixed salad, meatballs, mayo

1L green tea, 1L water, 2 coffees
Pudding: Greek yoghurt if hungry

mickeymacca Tue 27-Mar-18 08:11:31

Dinner in the end was bolognaise with lots of veggies in liberally covered in parmesan.
Need to drink lots of water today

qumquat Tue 27-Mar-18 16:07:30

I'd like to join. Had a terrible day of biscuits and bread. Fell right off the bandwagon. Back on from this moment!

mickeymacca Tue 27-Mar-18 16:47:34

Welcome qumquat. Dinner tonight is toad in the hole so just sausages for me and lots of veg

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: