Talk

Advanced search

Week 5 - Low Carb Bootcamp - The Big Stick is Back!

(595 Posts)
BIWI Mon 05-Feb-18 06:42:35

Morning all!

Many thanks to @prettybird and @BerylStreep for running this Bootcamp so well, so far. It's been a bit weird watching from the sidelines grin

However, I'm back. Back in the UK, back at work and back on the wagon.

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness for this week

I've noticed that there's quite a bit of 'slippage' going on over the last week or so. I know that we're able to move on to Bootcamp Light now, but be very, very careful that this doesn't lead to too many carbs. And remember to keep the water and the fat up.

Good luck this week

flowers

SayrraT Mon 05-Feb-18 07:01:29

Just popping on quickly to mark my place really, 221 lbs today which is 1/2lbs down I think?

Good luck everyone grin

SayrraT Mon 05-Feb-18 07:03:45

Oh, it's actually 4lbs shock grin

headoutofthesand Mon 05-Feb-18 07:09:07

BIWI I think your first act is going to be to thwack me a few times. As you and lots of others know, you can't cheat on this and get away with it. Were any of the cheats worth it - one was as I was faced with a vending machine supper but better planning could have avoided that; the rest, no.
I am cross with myself on so many levels, but mainly because I have been here so many times before. Stick to a diet/woe for two or three weeks and then start to slide, still feel as though I'm depriving myself though so bitterly complain and feel dejected when I don't lose weight and envy friends who stick to a diet for a couple of months or longer and do lose weight. It's all in the mind. Ideally, I want to be 9st7 and there's no reason why I can't be... other than me.
Back to Bootcamp rules with the occasional nut, bit of pepper or carrot if it happens to be in the salad I'm eating; try to reduce dairy as I don't think that that is great for me; basically remember it's FLGV.
Weight today was 147lbs; a lb down on last week (period bloat) but a lb up on two weeks ago (end of boot camp) and 2lbs up on where I was mid-week. There is no point thinking "I may be back down by mid-week again this week" as that is where I always going wrong - 1lb off during the week; that 1lb on again over the weekend.
I was so proud of myself on week 3 for pushing on through six days of the same weight knowing that stalls would happen, then getting through a period without too much damage and then blow it this week.

blackteaplease Mon 05-Feb-18 07:09:55

Welcome back to the driving seat BIWI.
Only .75llbs off for me this week but it's better than nothing. I did notice that I didn't have my usual weekend bounce after a dry weekend. Not sure I can permanently give up wine though.

BIWI Mon 05-Feb-18 07:10:06

grin

Well done @SayrraT!

@Scabbersley:

8g of carbs for breakfast is fine surely if the rest of your food is less than 12g which, apart from the wine and chocolate, I think it would be.

Well no not really - because, for a start, the carbs should be coming mainly from veg/salad. And second, you can't say apart from the wine and chocolate grin

Taking that all together, that will add up to a fair amount of carbs relative to those that are coming from veg/salad - where they should be coming from.

It's true that some people can tolerate more carbs than other, but at this early stage of Bootcamp, when we're trying to establish good habits, it's really not a good idea to be eating bread and wine and chocolate if you want to lose weight.

DakotaFanny Mon 05-Feb-18 07:11:26

A gain for me. blush the carbs found me over the weekend! Pfft

BIWI Mon 05-Feb-18 07:14:39

Pfft indeed grin

They're pesky things, those carbs - and they will catch you in the end!

I remember that several of us were talking about doing Dry February (either alcohol or Diet Coke). How are you all getting on?

I'm proud to say that I survived the weekend, massively helped by DH also avoiding a drink when we went out last night. As I started a day early, that means I've done 5 days now, so only 23 to go.

TBH I thought it might help my sleeping pattern, which has been rubbish recently, but it's not working yet. hmm

Alwaysinmyheart Mon 05-Feb-18 07:23:11

Welcome back BIWI! See you've wasted no time in wielding the Big Stick! I've lost 3lbs this week, am now 11stone. Can't wait to get into the 10s 😀

BIWI Mon 05-Feb-18 07:24:09

Oh yes, @Alwaysinmyheart!

Brilliant loss - isn't it great when you see the next stone down?

blackteaplease Mon 05-Feb-18 07:25:25

I'm here for dry Feb, had a pint of fizzy water on Friday night while watching a film - dh had beer.
Early night on Saturday and Sunday.

It's the weeknd habit of wine and telly that's hard to break. If dh has wine then I find it hard to resist.

FluffyWhiteTowels Mon 05-Feb-18 07:30:03

Hi All. Can I join? Is celeriac ok and sweet potatoes occasionally?

FluffyWhiteTowels Mon 05-Feb-18 07:34:35

Just found the excellent spreadsheet and found my answer and now realise I had an inadvertent massive blowout this weekend shock blush

Rshard Mon 05-Feb-18 07:41:20

Thanks for the new thread BIWI, welcome back to the helm. Think I’ve said already but huge thanks to prettybird and beryl for taking such good care of us for the first four weeks.

Well done on the losses and nsv’s and koko to those who haven’t seen a loss.
I’m still to weigh in since hurting my hand but back to work on Friday so will visit Boots then. So could someone please enter 147 for me?

SoMuchToBits Mon 05-Feb-18 07:52:12

I've finally lost a pound, after staying the same for several weeks, so I'm happy with that.

Thank you prettybird and Beryl for the last few weeks, and welcome back BIWI.

BIWI Mon 05-Feb-18 07:54:26

Celeriac = good
Sweet potato = bad - there's a clue in the name grin

Scabbersley Mon 05-Feb-18 08:07:12

12 stone bang on this am so that's a pound off. I've been doing my 10000 steps and drinking more water. I made a cake yesterday and had a bite - not a slice! Mainly because I had made it up and everyone was saying how delicious it was! Anyway it was pretty healthy for a cake, raw sugar, wholemeal flour...

Mimosa1 Mon 05-Feb-18 08:08:00

Morning all, and thanks for critiquing my menu on the previous thread (a bit painful but so worth it - will do better this week). I'm reporting in with a loss of 0.5kg, so roughly 1lbs for 72.8. Annoyingly I saw a much lower number 72.1 during the week. Oh well. Will be extra strict this week because 72.1 is a BMI of 25 and I really really REALLY want it - much more than carbs at any rate!!!

Welcome back @BIWI and thanks beryl and pretty for wielding the big stick previously.

MaudesMum Mon 05-Feb-18 08:12:27

I'm up slightly (by 3/4lb), and its entirely my fault- grr! Had a couple of glasses of white wine on Friday after not having had any wine for the whole of bootcamp. I meant just to finish the bottle on Saturday and call that it for the weekend, but I seem to have had a couple of gins and some more wine on Sunday. So, need to go back on the not-drinking - which will be hard since I've got a friend staying from today who is coming for wine and sympathy...

Gammeldragz Mon 05-Feb-18 08:13:17

Welcome.back Biwi! I need a stick beating. Took four days off, for various reasons, now back to my starting weight but I am going to be strict BC now, needed a bit of a restart but it has proved that I just feel awful when I eat carbs... Bloated and in pain! Definitely not worth it. Plan is 🗻 mountains of green veg and enough fat but reducing dairy.
Good luck everyone weighing in today.

PennyMise Mon 05-Feb-18 08:15:23

150.3 lb so a loss of 0.7 lb, which I will take with gratitude! Back on it today - determined to KOKO while lessening dairy and increasing other fats like avocado and mayo. The 140s are so close so I’m going to use that to motivate me.

Rshard Mon 05-Feb-18 08:16:27

Reading about BIWI trying on her DD’s size 10 jeans promoted me to try on some old size 12 skirts and a dress - they all fitted!! They didn’t a few weeks ago, so that’s perked me up! Thanks BIWI

BIWI Mon 05-Feb-18 08:18:07

That was @ilovecherries not me!

weebarra Mon 05-Feb-18 08:20:04

I'm down to 73kg, started at 79. Been rubbish this weekend though, and I really feel it.
DH made bread and butter pud with panettone. I didn't have any!

Rshard Mon 05-Feb-18 08:21:09

Ah sorry! Full credit to ilovecherries

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: