Talk

Advanced search

Low carb bootcamp - Vegetarian

(12 Posts)
mamapama Sun 03-Dec-17 20:30:31

I am thinking about doing the low carb bootcamp but i am a little skeptical as I am a vegetarian and don't eat fish. I just wanted to see if other vegetarians have done bootcamp and interested on your thoughts of how you found it.

FurryTurnip Mon 04-Dec-17 13:32:01

Hi Mama. I am a veggie and am on the current low carb bootcamp. It took a few days to get my head around but it's definitely possible. Slightly more limited on variety than the meat and fish eaters but fine.

My typical diet would be:

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt with nuts /seeds / berries and cream maybe
Or eggs of some sort. Either omelette with spinach / mushrooms and cheese or boiled eggs with half lidl protein roll

Lunch:
Eggs if I didn't have them at breakfast
Salad with cheese, avocado, loads of veg
Homemade soup - brocolli and Stilton, cauliflower etc
Or leftovers of previous days dinner

Dinner examples :
cauliflower rice variations
Saag paneer
Cauliflower cheese
Thai curry with tofu
I often make a mix of low carb veg like courgette, mushroom, spinach fried in butter then add cream and Stilton. Gorgeous served with cauliflower rice
Mixed veg or salad with halloumi
Fathead pizza - Google it. It's fab!

Snacks: cheese, boiled eggs, olives. I've had the occasional bits of quorn but very little, and it's been the deli chicken style which I've rolled up with cheese and cucumber

I've lost 12 lb in 6 weeks. I feel really well on this way of eating. It may look a little limited but once you are eating like this you tend not to have the same cravings or think about food anywhere near as much, so I don't mind it being a bit repetitive. It's fuel now and not an obsession.

also worth looking at Rose Elliott 'low carb vegetarian diet' some good recipes in there. Good luck!

FurryTurnip Mon 04-Dec-17 13:33:31

Sorry for the essay! Feel free to ask anything, the bootcamp lot are lovely!

mamapama Mon 04-Dec-17 22:37:29

Thank you Furry Turnip, I think I may give it a go and see how I get on.

bingebiscuiteater Wed 06-Dec-17 21:56:34

Low carb bootcamp is a great idea. Since you are a vegetarian, take more green leafy veggies for great calcium and energy.

Take bananas and avocados for fiber and fat. Remember to take fat in morning along with protein. Quinoa is a good substitute for wheat and rice.

FurryTurnip Thu 07-Dec-17 09:04:31

Just a quick note to add that if you were to do the low carb boot camp then there is a set of rules on the spreadsheet at the beginning - bananas and quinoa are not allowed on the bootcamp as too high in carbs.

BIWI Fri 08-Dec-17 23:09:49

Bananas?! I think not! Quinoa, too, isn't great on Bootcamp, even if you are a veggie.

Mooey89 Tue 19-Dec-17 12:06:32

Can I jump on here? I’ve been going to the gym 5-6 times per week for the past few months and lost a couple of inches but want to take it up a notch with a new way of eating as I am a terrible sugar and food addict... as a vegetarian I wasn’t sure if LCHF would be for me so watching with interest!

BIWI Tue 19-Dec-17 13:44:43

It's undeniably harder if you're a vegetarian, but not impossible! Rose Elliott has a low carb vegetarian diet that might be worth having a look at?

Also, go and find the Low Carb Bootcamp recipe thread (it's stickied at the top of the Bootcamp topic) and you'll find lots of veggie recipes there.

Plantlover Thu 21-Dec-17 22:26:04

Mooey

There are a few of us vegetarians on here.

I've lost nearly five stone. I started at the beginning of July.

NazaninN Thu 04-Jan-18 22:28:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BerylStreep Thu 04-Jan-18 23:01:50

NazaninN appears to have only joined MN today and has spammed about 30 threads in Weightloss with the same message. I have reported this poster to MNHQ as spam.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: