Talk

Advanced search

Week 5 - halfway there!

(590 Posts)
SayrraT Mon 06-Nov-17 06:37:15

Morning all smile

Well done for reaching week 5, hopefully by now low carb eating should be pretty natural to everyone.

Just watch out for complacency, don't think "oh a wee bit won't hurt" it might!

If you need food inspiration (some people might find they are eating the same things and getting bored) check out the recipe thread or one if the many low carb/keto websites for ideas.

spreadsheet

Good luck everyone smile

HarlotsWeb Mon 06-Nov-17 06:46:30

233lbs for me! (5lbs off since last week, after two utterly sluggish weeks beforehand.) Will update spreadsheet from work. Good luck to everyone else.

StuntNun Mon 06-Nov-17 06:55:39

The batteries have run out in my scales but I was expecting to STS anyway. Good luck with all the weigh-ins today.

blackteaplease Mon 06-Nov-17 06:58:07

0.75 of a lb loss which was a nice surprise after the weekend. It's my birthday today and DH is cooking me a lchf dinner tonight. I'm not sure what he's planning but there is fish in the fridge.

Hope everyone gets a result on the scales today

Mimosa1 Mon 06-Nov-17 07:10:06

200g, or less than half a pound for 77kg on the nose. I'm worried this is my body's (overweight) set point. Aargh. Still, a loss is a loss. Off to my first day of work. Congratulations on NSVs and Svs alike. Will catch up with the thread later this evening.

Cherrypi Mon 06-Nov-17 07:11:00

Stayed the same again grrrr.

YoLoNovVitMe Mon 06-Nov-17 07:14:23

Good luck today mimosa !

HolgerDanske Mon 06-Nov-17 07:18:40

Morning!

148.1 a small loss, but I'm happy with that.

Please could someone update spreadsheet for me?

Good luck everyone!

Thiswillbemyusername Mon 06-Nov-17 07:18:53

For fucks sake; I have one cob and I'm a pound heavier than when I started

Wh0KnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Mon 06-Nov-17 07:21:35

0.8lb off for me, but yesterday I was another 0.8lb below that, it is very random!

MyOtherProfile Mon 06-Nov-17 07:32:12

I've not lost anything. Gutted. Pls can someone post 247 again for me sob

HolgerDanske Mon 06-Nov-17 07:35:43

The 4-5 week stall is not a myth, it's very very common. Remember that for a lot of us this is not our 4th or 5th week so it's not stalling time, but we will have had it already, and will have it again later on in the process.

KOKO!

ponygirlcurtis Mon 06-Nov-17 07:39:20

Thanks for the new thread SayrraT.

1lb off for me, slightly tempted to record a lower weight as I have been 2 and sometimes 3lb down for the majority of the week but I won't.

Hope everyone has a good week on it.

SayrraT Mon 06-Nov-17 07:39:32

I should have added the "week 5, you might sts or gain" disclaimer again.

myotherprofile have you definitely followed the rules exactly with no slipping at all? If so just KOKO and next week's weigh in will hopefully be rewarding.

BrassicaBabe Mon 06-Nov-17 07:41:23

Damn you too big a portion of roast lamb and cauliflower cheese!! I might see what to scales say tomorrow and post that ..:::

SayrraT Mon 06-Nov-17 07:41:42

myotherprofile are you on the spreadsheet under another name? I couldn't see you.

Almahart Mon 06-Nov-17 07:46:02

Two pounds down. Had got to three pounds down last week but drank a fair amount of wine over the weekend and wouldn't be surprised if I crept up a bit more as a result of that

Very happy to still be here half way through and will definitely continue after Christmas

Someone mentioned in the last thread that fasting can reset your default weight. Does anyone have more details?

Scabbersley Mon 06-Nov-17 07:51:25

Morning all. I've gained a 1lb. Upping the water and and dropping the alcohol this week.

starsky22 Mon 06-Nov-17 07:56:08

Good luck today Mimosa

That's a great woosh Harlot

I've lost 2lbs this week, I'm now only 2lbs away from my final target! I was going to say that I think I might actually do this, but I will change it to I will definitely do this!

SoMuchToBits Mon 06-Nov-17 08:02:46

Morning all! I've lost 1lb this week, so that's a total of 12 in 5 weeks (I started a week early). Happy with that.

With regard to the double carbs in restaurants, Clear, you may have a point about profits - carby foods are very cheap, and I imagine the mark-up is considerable! Hippa, I'm quite happy to ask to swap the chips/bun for salad/veg (today's burger should come with salad anyway, so I'll just ask for no chips or bun), but it just bemused me that a meal should be so carb-laden. I suppose it's just another example of the high-carb world we live in!

Rshard and Very, yes I've always found eating meals like that in pubs/restaurants make me feel extremely full and sluggish. Even when I'm full after a meal these days, I don't feel as drained of energy.

AveAtqueVale Mon 06-Nov-17 08:15:02

2.4lbs down for me after a couple of meh weeks! Pleased and feeling a bit silly after my rant last week. This is the lowest weight I’ve seen in the last few days though so hoping it sticks. I’ve now lost just over a stone in total since DS2 was born in July, but nearly 12lbs of that have been since the start of bootcamp which is a win!

Kleptronic Mon 06-Nov-17 08:23:04

2lb off has stuck. 151lb. 11lb to go.

ClearEyesFullHearts Mon 06-Nov-17 08:37:54

Happy birthday blacktea.

mimosa good luck on your first day.

I was feeling gorgeous and slender at the weekend, in new trousers a size down. Haven't weighed yet haven't had a poo but it doesn't matter to me. I feel great right now.

Congrats to everyone for successes and absolutely KOKO for those frustrated by STS or gain.

Remember how long it took to put on, it's not all coming off overnight. Just enjoy your food.

ClearEyesFullHearts Mon 06-Nov-17 08:41:26

Ave remind us what your rant was about again? Seriously, I love laughing at rants by those who've lost nearly 12 lbs in 4 weeks. hmmgrin

YoLoNovVitMe Mon 06-Nov-17 08:58:11

Down a pound. I took the weight I had yesterday after the loo. Celeriac bungs me up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now