Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast ideas

(11 Posts)
Megsmcgoo Fri 03-Nov-17 20:05:13

I have been having eggs/bacon for the last 2 weeks and today was extremely ill with excruciating Ibs cramps sad

What else would you have for breakfast that doesn’t include the above? I have been thinking about the yogurt and berries mixed with cream, would that be allowed? Would it be the fage type of yogurt and how much cream?
Thank you!

Alwaysinmyheart Fri 03-Nov-17 20:10:37

Almond flour muffins are good and you can make a batch of them ( lots of recipes online)

Slice of tomato, salami and mozzarella, bake in oven

Sliced Ham or smoked salmon wrapped around Philadelphia cheese

I used to buy Atkins bars or milkshakes for a v quick breakfast

I agree, breakfasts are the hardest things about a low carb diet!

PeasAndHarmony Fri 03-Nov-17 20:21:21

I have full fat Greek yoghurt with berries (I like the frozen ones from Aldi defrosted overnight).

Or grilled mushrooms, bacon, tomatoes and asparagus.

Or a plate of cheese, cold meats and veg sticks,

Maverick66 Fri 03-Nov-17 20:25:02

Skyr yogurt is high protein.

Megsmcgoo Fri 03-Nov-17 21:04:33

Would you defrost the berries in the yogurt overnight? I grab and and go in the morning and have my breakfast at the office.

It really is the hardest meal to organise! I like the ideas though that you’ve all given so far thank you, especially the mozzarella so tomato one

PeasAndHarmony Fri 03-Nov-17 21:56:25

I defrost the berries on their own then mix them into the yoghurt when I’m ready to eat them otherwise the juice gets into the yoghurt and makes it all runny/ milky which I hate!

Megsmcgoo Sat 04-Nov-17 11:24:57

Lovely thanks peas!

Alwaysinmyheart Sat 04-Nov-17 17:27:05

This is actually a dessert but I've also had it for breakfast, it's lovely!

Mix a tub of Philly with some Splenda, cocoa powder and vanilla essence, you can also add some cream if you want. then enjoy! You could also have it with berries or nuts/seeds.

Alwaysinmyheart Sat 04-Nov-17 17:31:26

Here's a recipe for almond flour and Parmesan crackers, you could have them with pate, cheese, ham, avocado, tomatoes etc.

www.google.co.uk/search?q=almond+flour+parmesan+crackers&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Megsmcgoo Sun 05-Nov-17 21:47:30

Thanks Always! Love the sound of the crackers

AveAtqueVale Thu 09-Nov-17 14:52:02

I recently accidentally discovered the following: a few spoons of ff Greek yoghurt, a few frozen strawberries (come
in bags from Tesco), a couple of spoonfuls of double cream, a few pecan nuts crumbled and sprinkled over the top. Leave it all for a few minutes for the strawberries to thaw slightly then crush them up and mix it all together. Has a slightly Eton mess-like quality as the semi-thawed strawberries crunch like meringue. If you worked the quantities out better than ‘a few’ and maybe grated some dark chocolate on top I think it would make a nice dessert too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now