Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Week 4 - just got to KOKO

(709 Posts)
SayrraT Mon 30-Oct-17 07:08:24

Morning everyone smile as BIWI is away I have the honour of starting the week 4 thread.

I going to give you all the usual reminder that in week 4 it is PERFECTLY NORMAL for weight loss to stall. So you may sts or even see a gain.

Do not panic! Just KOKO smile

spreadsheet

GailLondon Mon 30-Oct-17 07:12:31

Woohoo! 11st13.9, that's 4.6 pounds off since starting boot camp and 11poubds off in total with low carbing! Super happy!
Good luck everyone

HolgerDanske Mon 30-Oct-17 07:28:59

Hello to everyone,

and thank you for the shiny new thread, Sayrra!

As expected a small gain for me this week, now at 149.6. Please could someone add it for me as I only have my tablet and I just can't make the spreadsheet work.

Feeling really positive, still enjoying all the NSVs and especially enjoying the fact that my sleep has got much, much better.

KOKO everyone!

CarbyDeadUn Mon 30-Oct-17 07:29:46

Thanks Sayrra.

I have gained 4lbs. Which means I weigh more now than I did before this BC started. I am a bit despondent. I am suspecting that, while I enjoy hflc food, I am not hungry, I can see the positives, i’m not piling in weight but staying the same, i’m really not sure it works for me trying to lose weight. I was pondering this before this BC started.
I’ve stuck to the rules and not cheated. I’ve not even eaten a croissant!
I am committed to do this until the end of this BC but I need a rethink.

Kleptronic Mon 30-Oct-17 07:30:39

I have stayed the same, for which I am grateful because I have been eating like armageddon's coming, all top quality low carb high fat food but my word, the quantities! A whole packet of pork scratching in one sitting. A huge amount of celeriac dauphinoise/cauliflower cheese. Steak, chops, chicken, sausage, bacon, salmon, eggs. Protein rolls. Lots of spinach/green beans/ cavolo (sp?) nero, broccoli in massive amounts of butter. Portion sizes fit to bust. Must get it under control!

cafeaulaitpourvous Mon 30-Oct-17 07:30:39

I seam to be a cliche

I have only lost 1lb this week

But that does make it 11lbs over the past three weeks

And my IBS and arthritis are now under control!

YoLoNovVitMe Mon 30-Oct-17 07:31:42

carbydead you KNOW this WOE works for you. You are just having a wobble. Next week will be better. I put on and lost the same 4lbs around this time on the last bc for about 6 weeks! I stuck with it and it starting coming off properly after that if you recall.

HolgerDanske Mon 30-Oct-17 07:34:11

It's perfectly normal Carby, please don't feel despondent. You will see the results very soon. It can take a while for your body to catch up. Well done for being wholly committed and for keeping it up!

Have you had enough water? It is really, really important.

HolgerDanske Mon 30-Oct-17 07:34:53

Again, apologies if you're not a newbie and already know all this (I just can't remember who is and who isn't).

Kleptronic Mon 30-Oct-17 07:35:52

Oh yes Carby I agree with YoLo there, I too put on and lost the same 4lb for ages last Bootcamp. It's gone now though.

Frigglet Mon 30-Oct-17 07:37:44

Morning all. I’m disappointed again this week with only 1lb loss. It’s frustrating as I haven’t had any banned food, but I think I’m not eating enough fat. That, and my portion sizes are possibly too large.

I can’t update the spreadsheet on my phone. I did ask last thread, but my request seems to have been missed. Can someone kindly add me from week one pls?
Wk 1 minus 9lbs
Wk 2 minus 2lbs
Wk 3 minus 1lb

I really hope that I don’t gain this week!

Good luck to all weighing in today. 😀

ilovecherries Mon 30-Oct-17 07:38:01

I'm claiming 12.11 grin. It's not the lowest I've seen this week, but I've seen it on more than 3 occasions so it's mine! Absolutely chuffed. Now I'm in the 170s!!! From a high of 224.

SayrraT Mon 30-Oct-17 07:39:10

carby just stick with it for the full BC and see what happens. This woe does work for most. I know it's tough if you've been sticking with it and not even had a single off piste moment.

I've put 1 lb on this week, so will just be KOKO myself though I'm at a work thing today and tomorrow. I better pack some baby bel and nuts.

cafe I can't decide if you are disappointed you've "only" lost 1 lb or not. You've lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks shock that's incredible. Of course weight loss will slow down and 1 lb per week is ideal.

CarbyDeadUn Mon 30-Oct-17 07:41:59

YoLo. I wish it did. I’ve been doing it since May and I weigh pretty much the same.
Apart from August/September when I went off piste a bit I’ve eaten HFLC food with no bread. No cake. No spuds, pasta, other carby shit. I know I’ve drunk too much wine but in the last 3/4 weeks I’ve not. And I have managed to put on while sticking to it totally.
I’m also rapidly going off meat. I’ve never been a big meat eater and i’ve Had my fill.
And another thing. I can feel myself getting weird and panicky about it. I have a tendency towards being weird and obsessive about food and diets and I need to stop before I slip into complete bonkersness.
So I need a good shake. Stop obsessing and chill a bit. Make decent food. Eat it. Stop being a dick.

SayrraT Mon 30-Oct-17 07:42:45

frigglet same for you....you are disappointed with 12 lbs in 3 weeks?! shock

That's what many people will be expecting over the whole of BC.

Those that are disappointed in their loss, how much were you expecting to lose. You need to be realistic, this woe is not magic!

1 - 2 lbs loss per week is ideal so don't expect more than that each weigh in.

Flisspaps Mon 30-Oct-17 07:47:04

Breakfast this morning.

I’ve been a carby twat again but this time I’m putting my hand up each week, admitting it and getting back to LC.

I’ve been shit at preparing in advance too - this weekend I’ve made an enormous dish of cauliflower cheese for my lunches and meal planned teas for the week.

KOKO!

Mimosa1 Mon 30-Oct-17 07:48:04

Down 1.2kg to 77.3kg - very pleased, although I'm frustratingly off being in the 160s by a fifth of pound. I have also now officially lost all my baby no 2 weight - a very nice milestone as I'm finishing my mat leave next week and going back to work. I'm hoping I'll be able to carry on losing weight when I go back and have less time for food prep. I'm determined to lose babyweight no 1 as well.

Thiswillbemyusername Mon 30-Oct-17 07:48:46

Gained a lb. Meh. Onwards and upwards (more like downwards please) smile

SayrraT Mon 30-Oct-17 07:50:57

Well done mimosa

this come and join me on the 1 lb on bench smile

starsky22 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:04:30

Thanks SayrraT for the thread. I'll be joining you and mimosa on that bench, 1lb on this week, actually pleased it's not more given the alcohol and carb creep.

Frigglet Mon 30-Oct-17 08:05:47

SayyraT I know you’re right and I should be pleased overall. I guess I feel this way because I feel like I’m putting more effort in and hoped to see a greater loss.

That said, if this means that I’m more likely to keep slower losses off, them I’m good with that.

Luckily I haven’t had to wrestle with cravings too much, so may that continue. I’m still on BC and aim to continue that this week.

Kleptronic Mon 30-Oct-17 08:10:41

CarbyDeadUn post your meals, maybe someone will spot something?

prettybird Mon 30-Oct-17 08:12:07

Some great results alongside frustrating ones - but it is important to KOKO.

I was talking to a personal trainer yesterday (the parent of one of the boys in the U14 rugby team that ds coaches) on the touch line while his boy played. He was pointing out that weight loss can vary by as much as 4lb over the month due to the menstrual cycle and water retention and that he always reminds his female clients of this (although menstrual cycle is no longer an issue for me wink). He was really emphasising the importance of water and magnesium in enduring that protein is broken down into its amino acids. I was able to say smugly that I was already drinking loads of water and taking a magnesium supplement. He mentioned something else which I can't remember but I think it was covered by the 50+ Multivitamin that I'm taking as well.

He also suggested 20+ hour fasting (his suggestion was late lunch through to lunch) a few times a month, and 16:8 fasting other times on occasion. Again, I was able to smugly say I was doing that! grin

The only thing I disagreed with him on was calorie counting as he suggested a particular calorie deficit I should be aiming for and I said I'm not calorie counting on this WoE but that by learning to listen to my body and true hunger cues, I probably am putting my body into calorie deficit. I'm certainly losing an average of 1-2lb a week (which was a rate he agreed with).

I'll post up this week's weigh-in after a movement I've done today's Ripped in 30 exercises but it's looking good grin

SoMuchToBits Mon 30-Oct-17 08:12:32

Yippee! I have lost 3lb this week. (It's week 5 for me, as I started a week early). This makes a total of 11lb lost, and I am more than happy with this.

starsky22 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:14:42

Oops sorry mimosa you're not on the bench! Well done by the way in losing the baby weight a great achievement!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now