Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lunchbox suggestions?

(18 Posts)
CarbyDiem Sun 08-Oct-17 14:32:20

Hello. I need good lunchbox ideas. Things I can eat in the go that won't need cooking or warming up.

YoLoNovVitMe Sun 08-Oct-17 14:37:17

Cooked chicken drumsticks
Ham and cheese rollups glued with mayo
Tuna mayo with chopped green pepper and a spoon
Celery sticks and a pot of Philly or pate
Babybels
Caesar salad prepack with avocado to chop into it

Fucky Sun 08-Oct-17 14:39:18

I was in Rome last week and they had bagels with a slice of bresaola, cream cheese and a bit of rocket. I am sooo excited to have this in my own lunchbox this week grin

2014newme Sun 08-Oct-17 14:42:41

Bagels aren't low carb, I'm Confu

CarbyDiem Sun 08-Oct-17 16:04:35

No bagels. Needs to be low carb (and GF!).

Rshard Sun 08-Oct-17 16:06:43

I’m about to make some chorizo Andy spinach egg muffins for lunches I’ll report back.

Grimbles Sun 08-Oct-17 19:39:16

I sometimes have a tin of tuna (in oil) with some mayo

Needalifeoverhaul Sun 08-Oct-17 19:44:58

Sliced ham spread with cream cheese rolled up, hard boiled eggs, pot of tuna mixed with mayo, chopped cucumber, spinach,shredded iceberg lettuce and salt and black pepper?

Needalifeoverhaul Sun 08-Oct-17 19:46:41

Sorry, seem to have had same ideas YoNo! Didn't read through properly!

CarbyDiem Sun 08-Oct-17 20:08:46

Goood ideas tanks.

CarbyDiem Sun 08-Oct-17 20:08:56

Terrible typing

blackteaplease Mon 09-Oct-17 05:34:44

Are you able to sit down with cutlery to eat?

I often do tuna mayo, or chicken mayo with a load of salad. I fill an ice cream tub and it keeps me going til 8pm dinner.

If it has to be snack/finger food I'd go for chunks of cheese, celery, olives. Basically lots of nibbles. I avoid egg for lunch, it's smell is a bit antisocial

NightTimeIhadaBrainChange Fri 20-Oct-17 15:18:39

I tend to have a salad of spinach, cucumber, tomato, pepper and olives with some meat, cheese or egg, and some herbs sprinkled over the top. I keep a bottle of extra virgin olive oil at work and pour a little of that over the top. I also keep some yoghurt and double cream in the fridge there.

Pastryless quiches with bacon or sausage.

Soup in a keep-warm flask.

Grah0SoontobeaFitty Mon 23-Oct-17 07:00:25

I have a salad with a protein /fish/meat/eggs/cheese
then to flavour mix the mayo with something, a mustard / jerk seasoning / avocado / curry powder / creme cheese.
Also have some butter and solid coconut or cacao butter to add to hot drink

TempusEejit Mon 23-Oct-17 11:25:37

Lidl protein rolls are a godsend for packed lunches if you're bored with salads or egg/cheese based lunches. They're around 9g carbs each but very filling indeed. Another alternative is making bagels out of fathead dough but although lower carb than the protein rolls (around 5g per bagel) they're quite calorific.

littlebillie Wed 25-Oct-17 06:58:33

Cream of mushroom. Soup most are low carb

littlebillie Wed 25-Oct-17 07:02:38

http://nuutrii.com/article/lidl-protein-bread-rolls-review

They seem high in carbs

Gammeldragz Tue 31-Oct-17 08:20:21

10g max, which isn't too bad if there aren't many carbs in the rest of your day. Also, I am sure they got smaller recently, will have to weigh one!
I like mini 'quiche' (no pastry). Or a salad. Or leftover chili.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now