Help! no weight loss in 2 week induction.

(9 Posts)
Memememeandyou Sun 17-Sep-17 11:03:58

I am a long time but intermittent low carber. I first did it about 15 years ago and successfully lost weight over 3 years before getting pregnant. Unfortunately only carbs quelled my nausea during pregnancy.
I did low carb again afterwards and also after pregnancies 2 and 3. Each time it was a little bit less successful than the time before .
Anyway fast forward to pregnancy 4. I gained 4 stone ( and I'm only short). After this I did slimming world then weight watchers. Ww works but I gained it again as so hungry. Dc4 is now 5 and so I thought it's time to sort this and started low carving again 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing yet I've lost nothing. I have had 3 cups of tea with milk in that time. Could this be why? Other than that I've been strict. But I wonder has my body just had enough of yo yo dieting and got stuck? I'm worried as I need to lose 3 stone as my bp is sky high. My dh says this high salt woe is dangerous for me. My opinion is that if it helps me lose weight it's fine. Obviously otherwise it's not.
I don't want to give up. I'm a lot less hungry. But I'm despondent than nothing at all lost. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
BIWI Sun 17-Sep-17 18:09:31

List out for me what you've been eating and drinking over the last 3-4 days.

Oh, and your DH is wrong about salt; on a LCHF diet you should be drinking a lot of water, which means you'll need the salt.

Memememeandyou Sun 17-Sep-17 18:31:13

Thanks. I drink lots of water.
Breakfast - 2 or 3 egg cheese omelette cooked in butter. Or maybe scrambled egg mixed with cream. Or eggs and bacon.

Couple cups coffee with cream in a morning. I hate it.

Lunch would be cooked chicken with mozzarella and olives. Or tuna and mayo. A couple of times I've had a couple of cherry tomatoes.

Evening just meat and veg or spag bol with courgetti. Or curry without the rice etc

I'm trying to drink a lot of water. I have had a couple of cups of tea and milk. That's the thing I'm
Missing most of all.

Snacks are ff Greek yoghurt. I can eat a lot if it though. Cheese string. Pepperami. I've not had any nuts yet . I know I'm not meant to snack. I'm certainly eating less.

The thing is over the summer I gained about 9 pounds by eating tubs of ice cream etc. I also ate a LOT of fruit before this. I recall the first time I did low carb losing a massive amount of weight. I will stick with it if there's hope but it's almost as though my body is wise to all this switching between diets and I know it's not healthy for me.

Anyway no more pregnancies will be happening and so I think I could do this now as long as it's working!

QuiteLikely5 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:33:32

Cheese strings are processed so maybe they are high in sugar?

Not sure about peperamis

Memememeandyou Sun 17-Sep-17 18:57:59

Ok thanks well I can check the carbs of those definitely.
Like I say I'm
Missing tea and milk the most. I can't imagine a life without cups of tea.

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Sun 17-Sep-17 22:12:25

Don't drink the coffee with cream if you hate it?

Memememeandyou Mon 18-Sep-17 07:44:37

Well yes that sounds obvious doesn't it!
I like a hot drink though and I can't drink tea as it's awful without normal milk. Plus coffee and cream is just a way of eating more fat.

Advertisement

BIWI Mon 18-Sep-17 11:50:41

Couple cups coffee with cream in a morning. I hate it.

Don't drink it then! One cup of tea with a bit of (whole) milk would be fine.

Lunch would be cooked chicken with mozzarella and olives. Or tuna and mayo. A couple of times I've had a couple of cherry tomatoes.

Nothing wrong with this, but it sounds like it could be a bit too low fat? Also, no veg or salad!

Evening just meat and veg or spag bol with courgetti. Or curry without the rice etc

Sounds OK, although without you saying what's in your spag bol or curry it's hard to know quite how carby this is. How much fat have you been using in your cooking/on your veg/salad?

^^

Trying?! You need to succeed. It's really important.

^I have had a couple of cups of tea and milk. That's the thing I'm
Missing most of all.^

The odd one here and there shouldn't be a problem, but make sure you use whole milk.

Snacks are ff Greek yoghurt. I can eat a lot if it though.

This can get carby very quickly, so make sure you're keeping an eye on quantities.

Cheese string. Pepperami. I've not had any nuts yet . I know I'm not meant to snack. I'm certainly eating less.

I'd try and avoid these - not because they'll be carby, as they aren't, but because they're processed and we're trying to avoid processed food. A chunk of proper cheddar would be much better.

It does sound like you've jumped from one diet to the next, so it could be a case of just tweaking what you're doing as per above, and giving your body a chance to 'get used' to low carbing. If you've done it before, you know it works.

Memememeandyou Mon 18-Sep-17 13:30:08

Thanks so much. You are right of course. My body must be very confused. Perhaps it will take a few weeks for things to settle down. If I don't lose anything in another month though I feel feel disheartened.
I will have an odd tea as a treat. Increase my water. And add a little salad to my salad!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in