Want to LoCarb but don't like cream/mayo

(5 Posts)
CodLiverOil556 Sun 21-May-17 20:51:00

So I want to LoCarb but I'm really fussy; I like eggs, meat and veg but hate butter. Is there any hope for me?
I am very focused and have 10 weeks before my DH comes home on R & R from an overseas deployment. Have 25lbs to lose

OP’s posts: |
explodingkittens Mon 22-May-17 11:17:47

Yes, of course there's hope! You don't have to use butter or cream or mayo, it's just that most people do like them and it's a really easy way to get good fat into your diet. Personally those ingredients are what make LCHF eating so fabulous for me, but I can easily see how it could be done without them.

Would you eat yoghurt or cheese? This would be a way of getting extra fat into your diet. However, some people find that cream/dairy stalls them on LCHF anyway so it's not essential.

You can use olive/avocado/coconut oil/ghee instead if you need to cook in oil or add it to your food. Otherwise you can make sure that your meat is fatty etc - eat the chicken skin or the pork scratchings! Nuts, avocado, olives, salmon etc are all good sources of fat too.

ChesterDrawers Mon 22-May-17 12:23:59

Have a look for some paleo recipes online (Pinterest is good). Paleo eaters don't tend to eat dairy so some will be BC compliant without the added cheese/cream/butter.

Bibs2014 Sat 03-Jun-17 21:44:00

I don't eat butter I use olive oil or coconut oil instead 😃

Megsmcgoo Sat 03-Jun-17 21:46:19

Oil and healthy fats are good too! Kept is low carb and tends to use a lot of cheese, I would start with focusing on what to cut out and then make it work for you with what you like smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in