Talk

Advanced search

constipation on day 3

(4 Posts)
millifiori Tue 16-May-17 07:46:46

sorry TMI, but I'm a bit puzzled. I know it's a side effect but yesterday I had berries, half a cucumber, watercress, rocket, iceberg, red pepper and a pear and five large tumblers of water, as well as a couple of strong black coffees. Would have thought that was enough. And I'm 2lb bloody heavier, even though MFP says I was well within calorie count for yesterday.

What am I doing wrong? Is it just that if you eat less, you need the loo less often? (I'm not a serial dieter and usually overeat, so just wondering.)

BIWI Tue 16-May-17 08:19:06

Firstly, if you're trying to Bootcamp, you shouldn't be eating the berries or the pear!

Secondly, daily weighing is a bit of a minefield; your body weight fluctuates naturally, and 2lbs is nothing really!

And finally, what do you mean by constipated? Do you just mean that you haven't gone to the loo? Constipation is when you have difficulty going, not frequency.

What else did you eat yesterday? And how much water do you need to drink - if you look at Bootcamp rules (on the tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet), rule 6 tells you how much you should be drinking. The amount you need to drink increases the more you weigh.

If you really are having problems, then increase your water and make sure you're eating plenty of fat. Strong coffee and also a high strength Vitamin C tablet might help.

And keep eating plenty of low carb, fibrous veg - broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celeriac are all good.

millifiori Tue 16-May-17 08:29:14

Thanks BIWI. I didn't know that about berries and pear. I'll take a look at the tabs on the spreadsheet. And up the broccoli and cabbage.

Gallavich Tue 16-May-17 17:49:23

That's not enough water either by at least half

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now