Talk

Advanced search

A few questions

(10 Posts)
TimeIhadaNameChange Thu 11-May-17 11:28:16

Right, I am going to do this. Have about 3 stone to lose. Hate feeling like I don't fit any of my clothes. Plus my stomach really doesn't like mornings, and I know from past experience with your diet that it does sort this problem out. Am also going to try and go out on the bike every day and ignore my lungs.

Anyway, I have a load of eggs (at least 20, though half are smaller than normal) at the moment and was thinking of cooking some stuff now in preparation. I'm ok with freezing omelettes and no-pastry quiches. I was wondering about Oopsie Rolls - can they be frozen ok?

Also, I eat an awful lot of fruit at the moment, and really notice if I don't. I have more of a craving for fruit than anything else, just now. I especially use it to bulk out my lunch. Anything you can think of other than peppers that I could use instead?

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 11-May-17 13:09:10

Cherry tomatoes, spring onions, avocado?

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 11-May-17 13:09:40

I have carrot sticks with peanut butter

BIWI Thu 11-May-17 15:31:33

... which will be pretty carby!

Once you're into low carbing you should find that you stop craving sweeter things.

Better alternatives would be something like celery or cucumber, with cream cheese or pate. Or olives, or cheese.

TimeIhadaNameChange Thu 11-May-17 15:55:44

Thanks, the pair of you.

Can't stand celery, unfortunately, but I can do cucumber, and definitely cream cheese and pate. And olives!

Any idea about the rolls, BIWI? Have you ever tried freezing them? Was going to make a batch tonight in preparation if it is possible.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 11-May-17 22:59:17

I wouldn't say it was that carb/heavy. 100g carrots is c9.5g and pure peanut butter (no salt or sugar added) is 2.5g carbs for 2 tbsp. Depends what else you're eating!

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 11-May-17 22:59:44

3.5g for the peanut butter sorry

BIWI Fri 12-May-17 00:39:52

But that's just as a snack, Ginger! That's a lot of carbs for a snack. And once you're into low carbing seriously, there should be no need for snacking during the day. You honestly, seriously won't be hungry between meals

GingerAndTheBiscuits Fri 12-May-17 08:08:37

OP said "to bulk out her lunch" - I have it as part of my lunch alongside cottage cheese and veg or whatever else I'm having

GingerAndTheBiscuits Fri 12-May-17 08:09:24

I do agree with you about not feeling hungry though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now