Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else bootcamping between bootcamps?

(6 Posts)
ImALurkerNotAFighter Sun 23-Apr-17 10:58:44

Due too being chronically dirorganised and hitting my heaviest weight ever I'm bootcamping as of last week. Spent a lot of it reading The Diet Delusion by Gary Taubes. Very interesting reading!
My other motivation is my fasting glucose, over 5 most days shock, that and having had gestational diabetes means i need to do something before I'm officially pre diabetic.
Tea last night was chicken korma (with soooo much coconut cream) and roasted cauliflower which was amazingly nice! I'm doing bootcamp light as I've had success on about a 100g of carbs a day in the past, when our fearless leaders start the next bootcamp I'll do that properly to give myself a little boost! Anyone else?

ImALurkerNotAFighter Sun 23-Apr-17 10:59:51

Forgot too say, week 1 was a 4.5lb loss smile

ImALurkerNotAFighter Sun 23-Apr-17 11:05:42

I'll stop waffling on any minute, promise. In the mean time: www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/cauliflower-not-carbs?utm_term=.cbNkmqvNL#.toroXNg59
Cauliflower recipes!

StuntNun Sun 23-Apr-17 12:57:43

You could try the Fixing Dad low carb program for weight loss. There's a free version, and a paid version that includes individual coaching.

http://www.fixingdad.com/fix-yourself

ImALurkerNotAFighter Sun 23-Apr-17 18:54:02

stuntnun I'm not actually diabetic. I had gestational diabetes so i do have some glucose intolerance. I'm not entirely sure a program for type 2 DM would be the right thing, thanks though!

StuntNun Sun 23-Apr-17 19:40:18

It is aimed at people with diabetes, prediabetes or a family history of diabetes but it is also useful just for losing weight even if there isn't any particular risk of diabetes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now