Talk

Advanced search

Low carb recipes - is there a spreadsheet or print out?

(12 Posts)
JimBullardBullard Wed 19-Apr-17 15:06:42

Hi there

I started HFLC yesterday and have read through all the wonderful recipes in the boot camp thread.

I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but....does anyone have a link to a spreadsheet that contains all the recipes / carb counts. Or, Is there an easy way of printing out the recipes rather than printing off a 40 page thread?

I have already copied and pasted a lot of the recipes but would like a way to access them in one place.

BTW...I have already tried mashed cauliflower with cheese and butter..yum!

Tonight, I am making a LC cottage pie with swede mash on top.

Spent a fortune on food! But lots of freezer veg, and tinned fish as store cupboard staples so these should last a while.

JimBullardBullard Wed 19-Apr-17 18:31:56

Anyone? @BIWI

pollyglot Thu 20-Apr-17 06:01:58

Sorry, I can't help with your request, but wanted to welcome you to the wonderful world of LCHF, and to say that we have found it is actually cheaper than conventional eating. I know you have to buy in a stack of stuff when you first start out, but it's amazing how our food budget has become slimline, along with our waistlines! You can grow so much of your food, and the high fat foods are very filling- you need so much less to feel satisfied. Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

BIWI Thu 20-Apr-17 12:32:48

Sorry Jim - I think the only thing to do is to print the whole lot off. sad

JimBullardBullard Thu 20-Apr-17 14:33:02

Thank you both. No worries....I'm just copying and saving things as I see them.

The LC cottage pie with swede on top was delicious.

Tonight I am making meatballs with courgetti. I don't have a spiraliser thing so will have to use the thin blade on my cheese grater. This will result in thin courgette slices as opposed to long skinny ones. I'm sure this will be ok, won't it? A bit like pasta shapes rather than spaghetti.

PS I noticed an advert on TV last night for microwave cauli rice! My husband exclaimed..,"They pinched your idea!" I had to put him straight that it wasn't MY idea, it was just that I had introduced him to it!

SayrraT Thu 20-Apr-17 22:17:57

This spreadsheet has some ideas on it but not the actual recipes. Might give you an idea of what you want to search recipe thread for though.

It's not completely up to date.

OK, can't paste! confused

SayrraT Thu 20-Apr-17 22:18:11

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CljImUq_hkeWTuriuZGA6zKQUyT0NWwNynYPXQHrt-k/edit?usp=drivesdk

JimBullardBullard Thu 20-Apr-17 22:59:21

Thank you. The spreadsheet is great for ideas.

SwimmingMom Fri 21-Apr-17 10:32:43

Hi everyone, I've been LCHF for 6 weeks with amazing results & feeling great! Can someone point me to the recipe thread please? The spreadsheet is brilliant! Thank you!

JimBullardBullard Fri 21-Apr-17 16:16:17

Here is a link to the recipe thread. Give yourself plenty of time to look through it as it is crammed packed with fantastic ideas. I have tried a few already and all have been delicious and filling.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/low_carb_bootcamp/1447493-Bootcamp-Recipe-Thread

BahHumbygge Sun 23-Apr-17 13:16:53

JimBB - try a julienne peeler for the courgetti, about 6 quid... peel down in a long smooth motion and you get linguini type ribbons :-)

SwimmingMom Tue 25-Apr-17 12:43:55

Thank you Jim!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now