Talk

Advanced search

How to get past a stall?

(12 Posts)
hippadoppaloppagorillapig Wed 19-Apr-17 10:17:01

I'm doing bootcamp by myself, in week 5 or 6, I can't remember. Anyway, I was half a stone off "healthy weight" when I started & I've got about 20lbs to lose in total. I started off really well, lost 5lbs in 2 weeks, but ever since then I've been fluctuating between the same 2lbs. It's driving me mad. I've drank more water, eaten less dairy, went back to strict bootcamp, eaten more fat, nothing is making a difference. I'm tantalisingly close to "healthy weight" & just don't understand what's going on? Measurements don't seem to have changed much either. It's so upsetting.

BIWI Wed 19-Apr-17 13:53:39

If you're tantalisingly close to a healthy weight, then your weight loss will slow down.

Weeks 3 and 4 are notorious for no weight loss, so don't panic about that.

The other thing I'd say is stop flipping around between different approaches! Follow Bootcamp strictly and properly and you should be fine.

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Wed 19-Apr-17 15:10:07

Thanks for replying BIWI.

not changing approaches, I was following bootcamp strictly, then moved onto bootcamp light. The things I said I did were based on advice given in the bootcamp threads.

When will the scale start moving again then do you think? I'm getting really really upset.

BIWI Wed 19-Apr-17 21:24:38

List out for me what you've been eating and drinking over the last few days, let me see if there's anything obvious I can see

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Thu 20-Apr-17 06:47:44

Up another lb!!!!! sadsad

Day before yesterday I had 2 eggs with butter for breakfast. Lunch was salad of lettuce, cucumber, 2 cherry tomatoes, celery, leftover roast chicken, mixed herbs & shedloads of full fat mayo. Tea was lamb, Shallots & aubergine cooked in oil & sumac & garlic. I confess I had one square of lindt 85%.

Yesterday I had bacon for breakfast with added butter. Lunch was 2 egg omelette with cheese. Tea was chorizo, sprouts & leeks cooked in butter with melted cheese on top.

Been drinking at least 3-4l of water each day.

I'm so upset. I thought I'd be well into the 9 stones by now.

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Thu 20-Apr-17 06:48:28

Not sure why sad face has come out as gin? And can't paragraph on my phone, sorry!!

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Thu 20-Apr-17 07:01:06

Oh and I'm not due my period for another 10 days or so & I'm not constipated.

BIWI Thu 20-Apr-17 08:23:09

It came out as a sad face for me!

It looks fine to me, but the thing I can't see is portion size - as you get near your target, you do have to keep an eye on calories. Perhaps you're eating portions that are too big?

Are you on any kind of medication?

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Thu 20-Apr-17 11:35:17

No, no meds. I might try tracking my food then to keep an eye on portion sizes. Maybe that's the problem, although I didn't think it was. Thank you BIWI.

ragz134 Wed 26-Apr-17 16:37:11

I can stall/up and down for weeks sometimes. Stick at it. Here's my graph of the last 3 months so you can see how much I have fluctuated. Some of it was the odd weekend off, but most was just random. After the first few weeks of weight flying off, it gets really demotivating when the scales start doing this!

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Wed 26-Apr-17 18:35:54

Well I started tracking my food again & it was carb creep from things like garam Masala & veggies!!! Had a whoosh & now 4lbs down from fluctuating weight! Into healthy weight range now. Yay.

dustmotesinthesun Fri 28-Apr-17 21:24:57

Great! Well done. Carbs do creep in so easily

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now