Talk

Advanced search

Quick no cook breakfast ideas

(20 Posts)
Oddsocks15 Wed 12-Apr-17 07:58:35

Newbie here - please could I have some quick no cook breakfast ideas. I have a full time job and 3 kids, I have hardly any time in the mornings. Before LC, I have lived off a diet of breakfast cereal as a) I thought they were "healthy" and b) quick to prepare.

Thanks!

user1471558436 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:00:51

Greek yogurt and handful of frozen berries

user1471558436 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:01:33

Banana and some nuts

user1471558436 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:02:23

Grapefruit

highinthesky Wed 12-Apr-17 08:02:41

Avocado.
Salad.
Natural yoghurt.
Fruit (non-tropical).
Cheese.

None of the above will elicit an insulin response. Can you tell I'm a vegetarian? grin

HapShawl Wed 12-Apr-17 08:04:46

Do you have time/energy to cook the night before? E.g. Eggs

(Bananas and grapefruits aren't low carb)

Ebbenmeowgi Wed 12-Apr-17 08:05:03

Smoothie with handful of oats and/or peanut butter in it, eg banana, dates, avocado, cocoa and milk

Ebbenmeowgi Wed 12-Apr-17 08:06:04

Or overnight oats.

Oddsocks15 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:09:44

Thanks ! I'm confused over yoghurt.

On another forum I read only certain brands were recommended eg; Yeo Valley, Alpro but another forum says any yoghurt but not low-fat, another says only Greek yoghurt and another says avoid altogether.

Please keep the tips coming! I'm on day 4 of LC and have eaten eggs every day so need some new ideas!

HapShawl Wed 12-Apr-17 08:10:09

OP are you doing boot camp (looking at the section you're posting in)?

Because what some people are advising here is not boot camp friendly, but it may be that you're just looking to reduce starches/sugar in which case that's fine

Oats/bananas/dates etc are all high carb

Ragwort Wed 12-Apr-17 08:10:20

Oats are not low carb grin.

Best thing would be greek yogurt with a few berries.

Slices of cheese/ham with some nuts?

Make a frittata (sp?) the night before and eat cold?

Ragwort Wed 12-Apr-17 08:11:24

I've studied low carb diet but found it hard to stick to and believe Greek full fat yogurt is the best.

Or you could have raspberries and cream for breakfast grin.

HapShawl Wed 12-Apr-17 08:11:38

Total full fat Greek yoghurt is the highest fat / lowest carb ratio I have found. You can add some double cream too to increase fats which help you feel full. Carbs in yoghurt can add up very quickly though so don't go mad

Oddsocks15 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:15:57

I'm just going to work now, so I'll check back in when I'm home and read all the questions and advice!

I do have some time in the evenings, I've made boiled eggs for lunch and an extra for breakfast the following day so far

cheeseandpineapple Wed 12-Apr-17 08:21:16

Smoked salmon on low carb bread? I haven't tried it but have heard Lidl do a high protein roll.

0live Wed 12-Apr-17 08:57:51

I'm also a beginner low carber with 3 kids and I've been doing scrambled eggs in the microwave. I keep a two little plastic containers in the fridge , one with grated cheese and one with tiny pieces of smoked salmon .

I know this isn't no cook but I've found it quicker and easier than many of the no cook options, like avocados or salad. Also it takes more time to eat enough salad, the eggs are very quick.

It only takes a minute to crack eggs into bowl and whisk , put in microwave for 30 secs, stir and then put back on for another ? 20 secs ( depends on size of eggs and temperature ) .

Put in a little chese/ fish once you are fed up with plain eggs after a few days

I can do this easily while feeding kids. Of course I eat it standing at the counter while tidying/ washing up after them.

I'm sure you are supposed to eat breakfast while sitting at a beautifully laid table with a vase of flowers relaxing with the papers.

oldbirdy Wed 12-Apr-17 10:22:28

I make a smoothie out of almond milk, a handful of berries, and half an avocado, or I have Greek yoghurt with berries and a small handful of chopped mixed nuts.

Tilliii Wed 12-Apr-17 13:05:03

Linwoods ground linseed, brazil nut and almonds is what I have some days. I have it with warm milk and berries. Its like a porridge and satisfies me. Very low carb too.

Oddsocks15 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:06:26

Hapshawl - I want to lose weight, so thought joining the boot camp would be the best way to give me the motivation.

Thanks for all your tips

Olive good luck with the beginning of your journey too

0live Fri 14-Apr-17 22:15:22

Thnaks oddsocks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now