Talk

Advanced search

Why have I stalled?

(4 Posts)
GoodyGoodyGumdrops Tue 28-Mar-17 08:25:08

I have eaten LCHF very effectively in the past, so I'm at a loss (ha ha ha) to understand why I have stalled.

Week 1 - lost 5lb
Week 2 - lost 4lb
Week 3 - no change
Week 4 - no change

No change whatsoever, not even a fraction of a pound up or down! I've checked the scales work.

What's happening?

BIWI Tue 04-Apr-17 22:07:58

Week 3 and 4 are notorious for weight loss slowing or stopping altogether. It's quite normal!

You've done brilliantly to lose so much in the first two weeks, and it's a good sign that your body will have switched into burning fat rather than carbs.

You can't possibly expect to keep losing at the same rate as you did in weeks one and two - but you know that low carbing works, so KOKO - keep on keeping on - and things should start to get moving again soon.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 05-Apr-17 07:35:02

Thanks for the reassurance, BIWI. I've never stalled so early before (only ever stalled when nearly at target) so I'd forgotten about that.

Anyway, stall is, I hope, well and truly over: I've been laid low by a hideous virus this week, and dropped 5lbs! <Tries her best not to laugh, for fear of coughing up a lung.>

BIWI Wed 05-Apr-17 08:59:36

Sorry to hear about the virus - but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. You've now lost a stone in 5 weeks grin

But technically you haven't stalled either - a stall is when you've gone for several weeks without loss.

I'd say it was just your body taking a rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now