Talk

Advanced search

Starting today - low carb

(694 Posts)
lasttimeround Sun 01-Jan-17 08:18:29

Right it's time to get back in the low carb saddle. I basically follow boot camp rules. That works very well for me. I find getting into ketosis hard so making my public declaration of intent here. Planning to weigh and measure shortly.

So I'm starting today. Whingeing about carb flu all the way. Join me

CaptainBraandPants Sun 01-Jan-17 08:54:18

I've started again
I'm not very good at eating breakfast, but have had a creamy coffee and will have another later.
Not got much food in for lunch (got a internet shop coming tomorrow), but got roast beef with lots of veg for later. Will just have to stand fast and avoid the roast potatoes in goose fat!

lasttimeround Sun 01-Jan-17 09:14:55

Hi! I've had eggs for breakfast. I have more for snacks. I also have nye and Xmas leftovers.

feekerry Sun 01-Jan-17 09:34:17

I'm starting over on the 9th so will join you then

lasttimeround Sun 01-Jan-17 12:56:36

Pork belly in ginger for lunch. Couldn't face any more leftovers. Plus another egg and lots more water.
See you next week feekerry

wombattoo Sun 01-Jan-17 14:34:17

Hello everyone
I'm jumping back on next week. BIWI is starting the next bootcamp on 6th Feb.
Good luck all

RubyPumps Sun 01-Jan-17 14:49:09

On Day 4. Didn't mean to start until today but got stuck trying to get jeans on last week so took that as a sign fgrin

Going well. In ketosis as of this morning, I do believe.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 01-Jan-17 15:03:11

I'm also back on today. Going to need quite a bit of planning, I share my house with carb-monsters wink

CaptainBraandPants Sun 01-Jan-17 15:10:12

I've ran out of eggs. shock
Just as well I've got a shop coming tomorrow morning.
Pork belly sounds lovely.
I had cheese and ham for lunch, got the beef in the slow cooker for tonight.
I reckon we'll have a good head start for when BIWI starts BC in February.

Polkadotties Sun 01-Jan-17 15:10:20

I'm back on it on Tuesday. I have eaten so much crap food since the beginning of December. I dread what the scales are going to say

BillyJoel Mon 02-Jan-17 00:39:21

I am in. Day 1 tomorrow. Have done it before and need to move to long term now. Need my health back.

lasttimeround Mon 02-Jan-17 08:06:48

Great there's more of us. Snacked loads yesterday but all Low carb. Thirsty as hell.
Rubypumps envy on already being in ketosis.
Good luck all round. I've eggs bacon roast chicken and burgers on standby. Hungry I won't be.

lasttimeround Mon 02-Jan-17 09:12:29

Great more of us. Despite lots of snacking I've managed to trick to lchf. Envious of you Rubypumps
Going to try gym now and then stock up on food

lasttimeround Mon 02-Jan-17 09:13:44

Huh double posted. Anyway good luck everyone

CaptainBraandPants Mon 02-Jan-17 09:16:12

I had a good day and didn't really feel hungry - I think I have eaten so much crap recently, my body had just had enough of it.
Dinner was lovely - roast beef, mashed cauli, broccoli and sprouts sautéed in goose fat with bacon. I didn't feel I was missing out by not having the roasties and Yorkshire puds.
Drank lots of water and had to get up in the middle of the night for a pee, which is the downside to this woe.

Polkadotties Mon 02-Jan-17 12:50:38

captain I know I'm drinking enough water if I have to get up about 3am. No 3am wee means more water for me grin

CaptainBraandPants Mon 02-Jan-17 14:19:42

polka mine was a 4am pee, maybe I need to drink a bit more. grin

lasttimeround Mon 02-Jan-17 15:36:25

Sounds like a lovely dinner. I'm scoffing again. But hopefully in ketosis soon.

lisbapalea Mon 02-Jan-17 21:40:49

Think I just posted on the wrong thread so am posting again here....!

I have just polished off the last mince pie with some ice cream, and had the pick of the clementines as my last carby hurrah of the festivities!

Bootcamp light starts tomorrow until the official bootcamp starts in Feb.

It's my 40th in May and I want to be down to 11st 7lb by then. I reckon that is going to be a 14-20lb loss so hopefully achievable.

I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays and logging my food as much as poss!

Look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing to remain on the LC wagon!

Nyancat Tue 03-Jan-17 08:21:53

I'm back on it from today too, took a few days off at Christmas but managed to only put 1lb on. New Year has been a write off as I've been away with friends and there was not a LC friendly option available anywhere, scared to get back on the scales today...

DearPrudence Tue 03-Jan-17 11:16:54

I'm back on from today. Have had a longer Christmas break than I intended - 10 days of carbs! I lost 1 stone 13 on the last boot camp and a couple more in the last week before Christmas. Have gained about 5lbs which I was quite relieved about.

Expecting the first few days to be tough but we have the new year zeal to carry us through.

Good luck everyone smile

Bluntness100 Tue 03-Jan-17 11:21:28

Yep. I'm back on it today, had three days off over Xmas, then was good then from Boxing Day untill New Year's Eve through to yesterday ate terribly, loads of booze, loads of carbs, croissants, chocolate, pasta the lot, so time to rein it in again sigh. Now popping to gym.

I don't weigh myself though, I simply go by my clothes and know that if I don't get back on it now I'm going to be fairly doomed.

HairsprayBabe Tue 03-Jan-17 11:28:09

Hi, long time bootcamp lurker can I ask how you can tell when you are in ketosis without using ketostix?

Tartle Tue 03-Jan-17 11:43:25

I'm on day 2 now and I'm just waiting for the headache to kick in! Hopefully it won't take too long to get in the zone.

To know if I'm in Ketosis without ketostix it's mainly horrible taste in mouth and freezing cold. I also get a bit jittery at first. Mainly though I just don't feel rubbish anymore.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 03-Jan-17 11:54:08

Ah - that would explain why I have a headache today! Had forgotten about that...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now