Talk

Advanced search

anyone starting over this week?!

(13 Posts)
nekobus Mon 26-Dec-16 11:34:37

I've been a complete carby twat over last few weeks and I fear if I don't stop now I will do so much more damage between now and end of Xmas hols.. I'm not weighing myself yet as I will probably cry - my belly is hanging out my new Christmas pyjamas confused

So - I'm re-starting LC today, BC light style, for the next week (if I go full BC I might fail, at least light I can have a few drinks and nuts/85% choc)

Anyone managing to LC through the festive season? Any tips for staying on track?

So far today:
2 hb eggs & butter, leftover ham
Lunch will be leftovers but only the meat and veg
Dinner is ham carbonara with courgetti
I've had 750 water and more to come.

wombattoo Wed 28-Dec-16 18:03:49

Hello nekobus
I'm waiting till next week to start again. Good luck thanks

nekobus Thu 29-Dec-16 10:06:05

Thanks wombattoo!
Turns out I wasn't as committed as
I first thought blush Christmas visitors have now left so that will make it a bit easier but the house is so full of treats!! Doing my best but a few slip ups here and there. I mean well each morning but it's hard!!
See you next week. flowers

GuyMartinsSideburns Thu 29-Dec-16 14:14:58

I've started over, yesterday was a fast day and today I'm low carbing so mushroom omelette for breakfast, lunchtime I had sprouts gratin, dinner I'm not sure yet but something small. Lots of water already, but considering a small baileys...

It's hard with all the stuff around isn't it! We didn't buy that much this year but I was already sick of the sight of it all by Tuesday. Dh has been going off to work with a hefty packed lunch grin

nekobus Thu 29-Dec-16 14:20:39

So hard being surrounded by treats and I find myself wanting to eat it all just to get rid of it!
I packed my parents off on the plane with half a Christmas cake!

nekobus Thu 29-Dec-16 14:23:18

And good on you for starting over Guy especially fasting that must take some willpower!

Bluntness100 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:29:23

I started again on Boxing Day as was three days off and low carb is more a lifestyle choice for me. However as usual, until my body has properly adjusted i struggle and today I just want to eat all the friggen chocolate in the house. I know I've just got to stand firm and the cravings will go away, that doesn't help right now though.

Ps, try to stop calling them "treats" . That's a really bad mind set if you see food that's effectively bad for you as a " treat". Call it what it is. It's not a treat in any way shape or form.

nekobus Thu 29-Dec-16 14:34:26

Good point blunt, my house is full of unhealthy crap then! grin

Bluntness100 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:35:24

Well yes, you can call it that,,,that's a better mind set,,,😂

nekobus Fri 30-Dec-16 18:51:14

I've done it - 24 hours low carb grin phew I think there is now a chance I can keep going!

Today
B - 2 hb eggs & butter, coffee & cream, tea and soya milk
L - LC sausages, bacon, scrambled egg and a fried egg
D - LC cottage pie with mashed swede topping
S - more coffe and cream

BabsUnited Tue 17-Jan-17 15:32:14

Anyone else doing this? I have lost weight before on LC and now need to do it again after having DC2 and Christmas and all that jazz. So I did my first full day yesterday and felt ok, feeling ok today too but it's so hard to get out of the constant snacking habit I'd got into. I am not hungry but I want to eat. blush

today so far I've had a two egg omelet with cheese, mushrooms and chorizo. Two herbal teas and a litre of water.

Off to peruse the boards for some dinner inspiration!

Flibbertyjibbit Tue 17-Jan-17 15:59:12

I'm on day 2 of LC. Today i've had

B - scrambled 2 eggs
L - 1/2 avocado and 1/2 bag of pork scratchings
D - homemade burgers with salad

The bootcamp recipe thread has some great ideas.

wombattoo Tue 17-Jan-17 16:07:20

thread

@BabsUnited and @Flibbertyjibbet - come and joins us on this thread. (Think you are already there Flibberty)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now