Talk

Advanced search

Week 8 - Pre-Christmas Low Carb Bootcamp - make the last week count!

(33 Posts)
BIWI Sun 11-Dec-16 23:06:13

Here's the fateful Spreadsheet

I hope it's been a good week for you all.

I'm starting this early this week, so that I don't forget! blush

Tomorrow - again - I have to be at work at sparrow's fart, so didn't want to forget to start the new thread.

Good luck to you all - here's to a good result on the scales!

dillite Sun 11-Dec-16 23:09:55

Marking my place

margaritasbythesea Mon 12-Dec-16 06:27:06

Thank you BIWI.

bettyblueeyes83 Mon 12-Dec-16 07:44:22

Thanks BIWI. Checking in at 158.9. I've been really struggling this BC and basically maintaining a 3lb loss over the whole BC, which I'm telling myself is better than gaining (which is what I was doing at this point last year). I've been feeling much more in control the past few days, and my stressful period at work is over, so I'm hoping to maintain now until Christmas and not gain over Christmas. I've got a social event every night this week so I daren't hope for a loss.

nekobus Mon 12-Dec-16 11:54:12

Checking in! Thanks for the thread BIWI smile
I've not weighed yet as I was terribly late this morning - I usually rely on the DCs waking me up before 7 but they both slept in!

I've had a mixed couple of weeks where I've been weak and unorganised so have had to go with what was on offer at a couple of social events and I'm not proud of myself....
I'm going to keep LC as much as possible over the holidays, I'm hoping that as we are hosting I'll have a bit more control over meals smile

Good luck everyone with weigh ins this week

feekerry Mon 12-Dec-16 15:38:36

Going to weigh in tomorrow as all of yesterday's alcohol induced vomiting will prob give me a false reading today.
Good luck everyone else x

Kleptronic Mon 12-Dec-16 17:31:15

Well I've stuck to it absolutely but put 2lb on. I know why though (hormone treatment) so I'm actually quite pleased it's only 2lb and that will be water retention. Still dithering about putting it on the spreadsheet though. Get a grip Kleptronic!

Veryflummoxed Mon 12-Dec-16 18:36:20

Thanks BIWI. I really can't believe there's only a week left of bootcamp. It went so quickly. I've been sticking to it. I'm a pound down. Not as much as I'd hoped but it's down so I'll take it.

Could you add me please Wombattoo

Veryflummoxed 188.

Hope everyone's coping with the Christmas goodies all over the place.

wombattoo Mon 12-Dec-16 19:23:05

Thanks for the new thread BIWI
Very Done smile
Last push everyone.

SeasideRock Mon 12-Dec-16 20:05:04

2.5 pounds off for me in one big chunk. Really pleased. Not sure why so much more this week but I have been peeing for England...

Nyancat Mon 12-Dec-16 20:31:54

Nothing off this week but nothing on so I'm 8 down in total. I really want 3 more off to get below the 10st mark but it just aint shifting at the minute. Koko for this last week. On the upside I've no real interest in sweet stuff and have managed loads of parties and the office teabreaks without touching anything sweet. I also am waiting on scanning to see if I have pcos and this seems to be helping with some of the symptoms I'd had, skin is finally cleared up and touch wood painful ovulation has eased. Who knows whether it's linked at all but I'm going with it.

wombattoo Mon 12-Dec-16 20:57:39

Nyancat - several posters have previously reported an improvement in their pcos with this way of eating.
Well done Seaside. I always find I have better losses when I am drinking lots of water.

SeasideRock Mon 12-Dec-16 22:34:49

Ooh - purely anecdotal this bit I have confirmed PCOS. Since I've been low-carbing have definitely had less breakouts and my 'yacht has been noticeably less, ahem, vigourous iyswim

DearPrudence Mon 12-Dec-16 22:51:34

Thanks for the thread BIWI.

Can't believe I've made it to week 8.
2lb off for me this week, having maintained last week. I was secretly hoping for a bit more as I've been quite angelic with food, but I haven't been drinking enough water. Yesterday and today I've upped my water a lot and have been constantly running to the loo. Hoping for another couple of pounds to round off this bootcamp.

Tinypearldragon Mon 12-Dec-16 23:55:11

Feel as though I have been simply melting this week - 4lbs off. A honeymoon start I expect. But a good feeling all the same

Visaste Tue 13-Dec-16 08:38:16

Half a pound on for me hmm. I had a few wines the other night which I think did it. Going to try to be super strict the rest of this week. Good luck everyone!

feekerry Tue 13-Dec-16 12:47:10

1lb off for me which is steady smile

Callmesausage Wed 14-Dec-16 09:01:11

So far lost 1 stone (started 3 weeks ago) smile. Need to keep focused up to Christmas then will have a couple of days off plan.

BIWI Wed 14-Dec-16 12:18:48

That's amazing, Callmesausage! flowers

Just make sure you have plenty of low carb treats in the house as well, so that those two days don't turn into a two week festive carb fest!

Callmesausage Wed 14-Dec-16 13:38:52

Thanks BIWI, will do.

wombattoo Wed 14-Dec-16 16:54:05

That's great sausage

Veryflummoxed Wed 14-Dec-16 17:59:34

Well done sausage. I'm still on track though the last couple of days I've done a bit of stress eating and not drank enough. All low carb though so that's something.

Shady101 Wed 14-Dec-16 22:31:17

Hi everyone,
Another pound off this week, happy bunny!
Christmas dinner night over without any big damage to the waistline, although you were right about alcohol tolerance levels! Didn't drink any more than usual but was well on my way and a little poorly the next day!!! confused

Tinypearldragon Wed 14-Dec-16 22:41:05

A stone in three weeks, that's amazing Sausage.

Had works lunchtime Christmas party and nibbles today and thanks to your advice from some time ago Wombat about planning in advance I ate my lunch before I went, took a drink in with me and was not tempted at all. Thank you flowers

Dillite2 Thu 15-Dec-16 21:05:52

Hi all! I haven't been checking in as quite frankly this week has gone tits up for me- I have been working nights/ late shifts after nights and surving on whatever is the easiest to prepare. Plus tomorrow I am going to a vegan party so no chance of low carbing there. I feel like a massive failure as it had started going so well. Tonight I'm on a night shift again, I have lc lunch with me and some snacks. Hopefully it will be enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now