Talk

Advanced search

Bootcamp while breastfeeding?

(3 Posts)
SpaceToad Sat 12-Nov-16 13:28:13

Does anyone have any experience of this? Google seems to think it's OK.
There's a worrying case of a Swedish mother who ended up with a severe euglyceamic ketoacidosis, but it seems she really wasn't eating much of anything. I'd adjust it to 50-60g of carbs a day, and would expect to be in ketosis on this. In pregnancy (gestational diabetes) I was started on insulin as I was ketotic on (approx)100g of low GI carbs a day, and the metabolic demand of breastfeeding is meant to be higher! I am worried about it affecting supply though. I'm a bit torn between low carb or just low GI ( and am using it as an excuse to not start anything sad)
Help!

StuntNun Mon 14-Nov-16 22:40:35

I went low carb when I was breastfeeding DS3 at age 7 months then had a low carb pregnancy before breastfeeding DS4 for 18 months. Potential issues are needing to cut down on carbs more gradually (e.g. bootcamp light rather than bootcamp) and micronutrients (take a breastfeeding supplement).

Ohyesiam Sun 12-Mar-17 19:24:56

Michael Mosley doesn't recommend his version of life low carb ( blood sugar diet)to bf women. He doesn't say why though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now