Talk

Advanced search

Roll on bootcamp!! What's on your shopping list for next week?

(9 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 17-Oct-16 10:13:36

Oh, this bootcamp can't come soon enough now! I am so ready for this!
What's everyone putting in their shopping trolley for kick off next week?? I want to make a plan, it helps prevent random grazing. Feeding a hub and kiddiwinks here too so got to be simple, fast and family friendly. Thinking of dinners... so far:
Bolognese (courgetti for me)
Salmon with buttered green veg (new potatoes for family)
Chicken fajitas (no wrap, massive salad for me)

Is it going to be no/low dairy ie. ubercamp? I think I should at least try it, I think I depend too heavily on dairy for low carb, cheese and milk in coffee...far too much of it I'm sure.

lexloofah Mon 17-Oct-16 21:23:58

butter, butter, more butter! I buy two trays of eggs every week already, might get an extra one

must make sure I have ingredients for fat head pizza, always helps to get family on side

need to have swede, celeriac and cauli in to stop me reaching for the potatoes

I hear you on the dairy, all too easy to go overboard on the cheese isn't it? saying that might make some parmesan crisps though

is there anything you need to hide or throw out to prevent being tempted? I know I need to do a bit of that

WilfSell Mon 17-Oct-16 22:52:01

I do high fat, high dairy but it doesn't work for everyone. A spoonful of double cream can fend off cravings for hours. I will be ditching nuts for boot camp and eating mostly veg/salad and meat. I'll be stocking up on boiled eggs, halloumi, precooked chicken, Greek yogurt I think.

keeponkeepinon Mon 17-Oct-16 23:14:30

Lots of eggs and butter yes! And mushrooms so I can fry them up to go with the eggs.
Have portions of cauli rice in the freezer which is very handy, bought a really good spiraliser so will be doing courgetti - need to look for some other veg to do with it.

keeponkeepinon Mon 17-Oct-16 23:16:37

How do you know how much dairy is too much?
And I have a weakness for peanut butter when I am low carb ingredients but I am pretty sure I shouldn't be having any in the house!

lexloofah Tue 18-Oct-16 11:47:42

I guess if you are not losing weight and you are sure your carbs are low then it might be too much dairy stalling you. PB can be carby, check the label and maybe compare to almond butter

inaclearingstandsaboxer Tue 18-Oct-16 12:56:43

I have lost sixteen pounds in the last seven weeks low carbing - I don't think going low dairy too will work for me..... I am not a big meat eater so dairy helps fill that gap!

feekerry Tue 18-Oct-16 13:39:22

Romaine lettuce leaves... the really big ones.
Great filled with chicken mayo, egg mayo etc. Or used like scoops/bread replacement.

Pengweng Wed 19-Oct-16 07:01:09

I'll be stocking up on lots of eggs, snack cheese, avocados, mayo, chicken thighs with skin on, pork belly and lots of green veg. Also coconut milk for curries. I've prepped some cauli rice and portioned off and put in freezer, have done the same for turnip mash. Also have a few soups stashed in the freezer. We still have loads of lettuce and tomatoes left in the garden so I will be using those up in some nice taco salads i think mmmmm.

The trickiest bit for me is that i work lunchtimes at a school so i need to either eat at 11am or at 2pm which is a pain in the bum. I think i will try and eat breakfast when i get back from the school run at 9am then prep lunch so it's ready to eat when i get back at 2pm so i don't just grab anything. I really like Nom Nom paleos chicken madras salad so will probably make a big batch of that and some tuna mayo for the week and eat those for lunches. I also love to make her crispy mushrooms. Basically thinly slice mushrooms, cover in ghee and cook in the oven on low for about 45 mins until really dried out. They are great to add to salads for some crunch or to eat straight from the oven blush

The DTs are 4 and so hungry after school that they eat dinner at 4.30pm so we tend to eat separate meals apart from at weekends. So I normally cook 2 meals anyway. DH just eats what I eat but with proper pasta or i'll throw in a few new potatoes for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now