Talk

Advanced search

low carb and diarrhoea

(4 Posts)
sunshine05 Thu 08-Sep-16 07:51:52

I started doing low carb yesterday. Not actually to lose weight but I'd read it helped with acid reflux so I thought I'd give it a go. Today I have explosive watery diarrhoea. It's awful.

Is this normal?? I do have a sensitive gut (I get ibs if I eat too much junk or wheat/bread/pasta) Could it be too much protein or too much fat?

I can't continue if this is going to happen

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Thu 08-Sep-16 10:34:17

Hi there!

No I've never experienced this having done low carb high fat a good few times before. Sorry you have! It sounds horrible.

Have you been having a lot more dairy than you normally would? I know some people can't tolerate a lot of dairy.

Or could something you've eaten have gone off maybe? Or maybe you have picked up a tummy bug. I've just had an absolutely horrible bout of d&v, so it is going about.

LokisUnderpants Thu 08-Sep-16 10:37:09

I had awful diahorrea for a couple of days after starting. Drink plenty of fluids, it will pass I promise!

BIWI Sat 10-Sep-16 21:49:05

If it's only been a day, it seems a little early to blame it on low carbing!

But like any change to your diet (especially if it's a significant change), then it is likely that your body will need a bit of time to adjust.

In the meantime, if you're suffering from diarrhoea, make sure you're staying well hydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now