Day 1 - Keto

(4 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 18-Aug-16 09:05:53

So, after some reading around, I am starting the Keto diet today. I suffer from an underactive thyroid and since having my son 2 years ago, am 2 stone overweight and struggling to shift anything more than a few pounds. My husband discovered an article regarding insulin resistance which has been linked to difficulty to lose weight in UAT patients.

So, any tips and suggestions are gratefully received. I do not eat eggs so my only stumbling block so far is breakfast....

yummycake123 Thu 18-Aug-16 09:17:09

You sound like me! I also have an under active thyroid and have about 2st to lose (my son is now 3 confused).
I tried keto but only lasted two weeks. I lost 1.6kg in two weeks which isn't bad but I found it really hard to sustain. You really have to prep- the days I didn't plan I fell off the wagon. There's a website I follow called Keto Karma, has lots of recipes. Also the Reddit page on keto is good. If you don't like eggs you can have avocado and salmon for breakfast for example, or a selection of ham and cheese (if you can eat dairy). Some people make keto muffins with flaxseeds and chia...
I might try it again when work is less crazy and I can plan properly. People have amazing results. Good luck!

cjt110 Thu 18-Aug-16 09:20:18

Thanks yummy Ham and cheese sounds good! Will give that site a look up.

FinallyHere Thu 18-Aug-16 10:46:32

Bacon, mushroom and spinach is my favourite breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now