Talk

Advanced search

July 1st.... A New Start!!

(29 Posts)
MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Wed 29-Jun-16 20:50:48

Have had success with low carbing in the past. Really could do with losing some more weight now

Not sure how much, but will weigh in and measure before I re start on Friday

Anyone else??

My goal is to get to where I was 2 years ago so that I can return to my beloved running

Drogon Thu 30-Jun-16 18:04:37

Me!!! Have gained half a stone from a 3 week carb binge and every time I get back on the horse I fall off into a pile of doughnuts 3 days later.

All the carbs are making me ill and so sluggish so I NEED to do it properly.

Please post here with your sickeningly healthy and angelic low carb days and shame me into not eating rubbish please halo

PlayNice Thu 30-Jun-16 18:24:17

Yes, come and bring your enthusiasm to the thread and remind everyone* to be good and not sneak little bits of dark chocolate every hour.

*me

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Thu 30-Jun-16 21:31:37

Well I'm all stocked up.... Eggs, meat, greens

I'm gonna hate it. But it's the only way of eating that works for me

I'm making effort with water this time

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Fri 01-Jul-16 13:48:17

Me too. I've been trying some HF recipes during the last few weeks which hasn't been unpleasant (I love cream) but the last couple of days I had a meal with rice in followed by cafe latte and it made me feel so sluggish.

My BMI is 26 which is 1 over healthy so I need to get that down.

Here is a recipe I found in a French cookbook. It's delicious but needs a lot of intermittent stirring so you could stick it on the hob whilst you exercise:

- melt a stick of butter
- turn the heat down to minimum
- add the eggs (whisked with salt and pepper)
- stir slowly till it starts sticking
- add big blob of double cream

Keep stirring at low heat for 20 mins till it's solid but still creamy.

You'll never want regular scrambled eggs again.smile

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 01-Jul-16 13:52:19

Ooh yummy!!

Will give it a go!

Just poached eggs today with left
Over sausage for lunch

Coffee and water

Asparagus and salmon for dinner

Making egg mayo to snack on with celery stick and cucumber, but don't feel like snacking as yet

HairsprayBabe Fri 01-Jul-16 14:08:58

I'll hop on the bandwagon too I look a lot thinner than I actually am because of my shape (re: massive knockers, small waist, big bum) but I am desperately obease overweight and have been low carbing since the start of this week, need to lose 3.5 st just to get into the healthy range shock blush.

Gained a lot of weight slowly from when I went veggie about 7 years ago I am assuming its because I have little protein and too much carbs in my diet in general. sad

Had full fat greek yog, berries and pumpkin seeds for lunch today, eating at MILs for tea so not sure what we are having, won't eat much anyway as she is a terrible cook

Have only been low carbing a week and I am already obviously less bloated... sadly for me i think carbs might be the devil.

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Fri 01-Jul-16 19:13:26

It is weird isn't it? I've just had a nice roast pork with a creamy mushroom sauce and although I feel full I don't feel bloated or sluggish in the same way I do after a carb fest.

The best thing is that wine is only 4g carbs a glass. grin

Limurz Sat 02-Jul-16 16:15:29

I did the Dukan diet a few years ago and lots lots of weight. Since then I have lost the same half a stone, put it back on, lost again etc.
Can you point me to some recipes and meal ideas - am going on hols early august and would like the dreaded 7lbs off by then - and hopefully another 7lbs off by October half term.

HairsprayBabe Sat 02-Jul-16 18:47:22

Dose anyone have any good low carb veggie recipies?
I also hate mushrooms 😭 I am the worst vegetarian ever,
Seen a nice lentil bake I might try, not feeling fab today sad

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sat 02-Jul-16 18:54:27

I don't trust myself with wine!

Been on my feet all day, I'm knackered. But no, I'll go without for tonight.

Good day today.

wizzywig Sun 03-Jul-16 19:11:42

Hairspraybabe, theres a recipe list somewhere on this bootcamp section

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 03-Jul-16 19:35:12

Had a good day

Struggling with water still. I had roast beef for breakfast tho, so I'm happy with that!smile

MazzR Mon 04-Jul-16 00:35:41

Can I join,? Starting tomorrow

dogsbreakfast Mon 04-Jul-16 12:30:15

Brilliant! Please add me. Starting tonight/tomorrow? I'm a relative newbie to LCHF but after reading Atkins' original book and 'That Sugar Book' by Gameau it is all making sense.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 04-Jul-16 12:36:21

Ooh came on to start this exact thread. I know I can loose weight well with this WOE but keep giving into sugar binges.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Mon 04-Jul-16 14:18:54

I'm still doing ok. The sugar cravings do go

I'm feeling calmer. No sugar for 4 days, can really feel the difference

Trying to drink more water!

dogsbreakfast Fri 08-Jul-16 20:29:30

Can anyone recommend a particular carb counter?

Limurz Fri 08-Jul-16 20:53:05

Wow 5lbs off in 6 days and not hungry at all. Loving this WoE

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Mon 11-Jul-16 07:47:40

Well done Limurz! Although I'm quite jealous. I've only lost 3 lbs in 10 days. My BMI is down to 26 and it's 1 more unit than it needs to be to lose the "overweight" tab...

I guess I just have to be patient. And really I have to admit that I need to ditch the wine sad at least till I've reached my target weight.

Good luck everyone!

wizzywig Mon 11-Jul-16 17:43:37

I started lowcarbing a week ago. Had a big chunk of birthday cake yesterday and slept for 4hours straight. Thats how bad the sugar/ carb come down was. Im back in the game though.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Mon 11-Jul-16 18:09:24

I'm doing a looser version of low carbing now

Find it difficult working full time, and really struggle with kids and evening meals

3lb loss tho!

Limurz Mon 11-Jul-16 18:14:34

Hmm **Theydontknow, I clearly spoke too soon - 2lbs back on today and I know that will be a direct result of fri, sat and sun wine! I never learn but onwards and upwards I guess!

FrameyMcFrame Tue 12-Jul-16 22:17:52

How bad is wine????

I've done well today, scrambled eggs for breakfast, coffee, cheese omlette and salad for lunch, chicken in cream sauce with broccoli for tea then snacking on olives and salami and 2 glasses sauvingnon blanc... did I blow it with the wine?

BIWI Wed 13-Jul-16 06:22:57

Thing is, while a dry white wine isn't that bad in terms of carbs, alcohol is the easiest source of fuel for your body. So whenever you drink, your body will burn that rather than fat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now