Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help needed for a low carb feast

(8 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 18-May-16 18:21:19

I have friends coming for dinner next week and they're thinking about going low carb to help with a couple of health issues. Can anyone suggest anything for a delicious low carb feast to help persuade them?

whitershadeofpale Wed 18-May-16 18:27:21

How about a surf and turf type thing? With salad.

No one can feel deprived with a great steak, king prawns cooked in garlic butter, salad with a delicious dressing and maybe a cheeseboard for afterwards.

Iamdobby63 Wed 18-May-16 18:37:56

How about pork with a cream and mustard sauce with celeriac (or turnip)chips or dauphinois and veg.

BIWI Wed 18-May-16 20:16:15

Do you want 'gourmet', or 'everyday family anyone can do it' type of meals?

The former is impressive, the latter can demonstrate how easy/realistic it can be!

And are we talking 'lose weight' low carb, or just general 'lower carb and we can tolerate some carbs'?

BIWI Wed 18-May-16 20:18:47

I might do something like pan-fried scallops, wrapped in pancetta, on a bed of pea and mint puree to start.

Fillet steak with a blue cheese sauce, with a green salad, and a celeriac dauphinoise for main

Pudding is obviously more difficult. You could serve a platter of berries, with a white chocolate and cream sauce (it's so sweet you really don't need much of it!), possibly with some crumbled meringue over the top for a bit of added texture. If you make your own, you could always use a sweetener. You could also make a vanilla cream, rather than a white chocolate one, using vanilla bean paste.

Or a lovely platter of cheese, with some celery.

BIWI Wed 18-May-16 20:20:01

The shallot and Gruyere tart that's on the recipe thread is not only very easy to make, but also very delicious. You could do this with other salads - a green salad, and possibly some roasted veg or ratatouille.

StuntNun Wed 18-May-16 21:42:28

This all sounds yummy! They're not trying to lose weight but my friend has fibromyalgia and apparently low carb can help with that.

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Mon 13-Jun-16 10:10:21

"Fillet steak with a blue cheese sauce, with a green salad, and a celeriac dauphinoise for main"

BIWI it's ten past ten and I'm drooling at my desk!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now