Talk

Advanced search

Starting today!

(9 Posts)
Temporaryanonymity Sat 07-May-16 08:28:50

I had a session with a PT yesterday and instead of working out we had a frank discussion about my eating habits. The plan we discussed is pretty much low carb.

I'm a single parent and work full-time and have a long-ingrained habit of chucking a tuna sarnie down my neck at lunch time. What could I have instead that won't require so much prep?

I've been working out for some time but have a big fat tummy. I also have PCOS so it looks like this might be a good plan for me. I'm about to make my DCs join me on the journey so that they get the health benefits and make cooking easier.

I'll take a look at the other threads but I'm really looking for lunch ideas and easy prep evening meals.

BIWI Sat 07-May-16 13:31:17

What cooking facilities do you have at work?

BIWI Sat 07-May-16 13:34:53

And what kind of shops/food outlets do you have nearby?

Temporaryanonymity Sat 07-May-16 15:10:34

None at work at all, I am in regional role so spend a lot of time travelling in my car. When I get to where I am going I am offered lunch (standard nursing home fare or a tuna sandwich) so I am going to have to prepare.

I live in a city so access to most things.

Temporaryanonymity Sat 07-May-16 15:11:23

I just had chicken breast and sweet peppers on a bed of roasted kale with coconut oil, it was delicious!

WanHeda Sat 07-May-16 16:09:00

M&S are good for eating on the go, I like their tandoori squid rings, or their cooked prawns, crackling sticks, protein pots etc. They also do ready meals that are ok-ish.

BIWI Sat 07-May-16 18:13:54

You could batch cook some savoury breakfast muffins and take these with you. Buy yourself a small, soft-sided cool bag to keep in the car.

Or you could make up some tuna mayo and have that, along with something like sticks of cucumber/celery.

Hyggeligt Tue 10-May-16 23:15:49

Hi there-I'm a single parent working ft too....my long term habit is boredom and/or emotionally eating though blush
I'm starting to ease myself in to low carb this week and have boiled a load of eggs to take in for lunch with 1/2 an avocado & some salad...it will stink out my staff room but save me from the work dining room/carb central!

Hyggeligt Tue 10-May-16 23:21:38

...meant to say, evening meals for dd (12)and me...
Salmon & asparagus omelette with salad (and she has potato wedges), pan fried salmon & veggies (& rice for dd), roast chicken breast with roast courgettes/carrots/peppers, bacon/turkey rashers & scrambled eggs, prawn/garlic/ginger with stir fry vegetables (&noodles-dd) chicken casserole (I freeze batches)prawn & egg salad (she has tortilla chips with hers)--I work loooong hours some days so dinner is as quick & easy as possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now