Talk

Advanced search

Will prednisolone stop me going into ketosis?

(6 Posts)
Bostin Wed 27-Apr-16 15:22:41

Hello

I am on day 3 of this diet and I am wondering whether the 15mg of prednisolone will stop it from working properly?
I am desperate to lose the weight that I have gained since being on the steroids (not to mention the fat face and double chin).
I also believe there is some evidence that a ketogenic diet is anti inflammatory and might help me get off the bloody things a bit quicker... Does anyone have any knowledge/experience?

NotQuiteJustYet Mon 02-May-16 18:02:22

Sorry I don't know, but place marking as I'm interested - I've ended up on them a few times.

Bostin Wed 04-May-16 13:03:53

Hello!
So I am about 9 days in and about 7lbs down so I don't think the steroids have stopped it from working properly. Although I know an awful lot of that was water weight, horrible side effect as I am sure you will know.
I think this WOE is suiting me as I don't have to limit quantity, if I am hungry I can eat. Whereas calorie counting would leave me ravenous after a few days.

NotQuiteJustYet Wed 04-May-16 13:37:06

Glad you're getting on with it! 7lbs in 9 days is fantastic going!!

I've been following it since 1st of April and I'm 23lbs down from where I was at the start of the year, but I know I'd lost a couple of lbs before starting - I really should have weighed myself on the start date =/

I definitely agree it's easier than calorie counting, and I always find my appetite starts to disappear once I'm well into ketosis too. Good luck and keep going, you're doing great!

KP86 Wed 04-May-16 13:59:49

23 pounds in 5 weeks? That's incredible.

I've lost 12kg in about 2.5 months.

NotQuiteJustYet Wed 04-May-16 14:40:25

I have a fair bit to lose, about 6st in total. I had lost a couple of lbs before cutting the carbs but the vast majority has gone along with the carbs. I have insulin resistance so as soon as I cut the carbs and balance my blood sugars, the weight just drops off. It's always been a battle of willpower staying sugar-free with a ridiculous sweet tooth but I'm feeling pretty good this time.

12kg in 2.5 months is excellent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now