Talk

Advanced search

Only at 17g carbs today, what can I have to take it to 20g?

(12 Posts)
WifOfBif Thu 24-Mar-16 13:03:11

I'm new to this so maybe 17g is ok?

I've entered all my food for today and I'm not hitting 20g carbs, I'm struggling to feel hungry but should I have a snack of some sort to bring my carbs up a little? If so does anyone have any recommendations please?

StuntNun Fri 25-Mar-16 11:36:35

There isn't a minimum you need to hit per day.

BIWI Mon 28-Mar-16 19:25:11

Are you following Bootcamp? If so, you need to have another read of the rules!n There isn't a daily amount of carbs we should be aiming to have.

But please make sure that you are getting your carbs in the form of veg and salad. If you've only made 17g carbs today, that would suggest that you're not eating very much of that.

What have you had to eat today?

WifOfBif Tue 29-Mar-16 18:26:37

Hi BIWI, I did read the rules back in January, and glanced over them again this week but only have my phone for Internet access at the moment and found it difficult to read!

My food diary for today is below - Ilany pointers gratefully received, im watching my calories also to make sure I eat enough and this takes me to 1204 calories with 21g carbs

Breakfast - coffee with cream

Lunch - 4 eggs, scrambled with butter and full fat mile. 4 rashers bacon

Dinner - courgetti, mushrooms, spinach 1.5 homemade burgers and 100g tomato and chilli sauce.

2.5 litres of water so far with at least another pint before bed.

I'll go and have another read of the rules, I really want to try to get this right and stick to this way of eating as I'm finding it easy so far. I'm satisfied after a meal and no longer snack.

WifOfBif Tue 29-Mar-16 18:26:48

Full fat milk*

BIWI Tue 29-Mar-16 18:50:38

Well firstly, why are you watching your calories? There's no need to on Bootcamp - at least not until you're approaching your target weight.

Second, you should - at least early on in Bootcamp - be eating breakfast too. After the first couple of weeks you can drop this if you need to, but it's important to start with to make sure that your blood sugar levels are stable - which means eating regular meals, starting with breakfast.

Re your lunch - better not to use milk in your scrambled eggs. It may not be a huge amount, but it adds cabs that you don't need.

Re dinner, sounds good, but what did you make your burgers with? And how much fat was in the meat and in the sauce? And how did you cook the veg? Was there plenty of fat in it?

If you're not hungry between meals, that's a great sign.

Any other questions, just ask away! And come and join us on the latest chat thread (the one called 'final weigh-in'). Even though Bootcamp has finished for the moment, there are still lots of us chatting until the next one - so lots of support for you there.

WifOfBif Tue 29-Mar-16 19:21:11

Thanks BIWI, I really appreciate your help. I'm not trying to stick to a calorie 'goal' as such, I have in the past had unhealthy eating habits and not eating enough so I want to make sure I'm not eating too little. I only plan to count calories for my first week.

Steak mince from the butchers - not sure of fat content but didn't buy the one advertised as lean mince. Added garlic, onion and salt/pepper. Vegetables cooked in olive oil - I have ordered coconut oil in with my shopping due to arrive tomorrow.

WifOfBif Tue 29-Mar-16 19:22:29

The eggs and bacon were supposed to be breakfast but my meeting ran over so it was gone 12 before I got them, I wouldn't usually skip breakfast. I'll pop over to the thread, thanks smile

BIWI Tue 29-Mar-16 19:23:49

OK, I understand. Good to see that calorie counting is being used to ensure more/enough food!

Steak mince could still be low(ish) in fat, so make sure you use more fat when you're cooking it. Also - if you can - substitute your onions with shallots (echallion or banana ones) as they're much lower in carbs.

WifOfBif Tue 29-Mar-16 19:49:14

Didn't think to add fat to the mince, I'll definitely do that in future.

So hopefully I'm not going too far wrong?

BIWI Tue 29-Mar-16 20:14:26

Apart from what I've pulled apart above, no not really! grin

You need to remember that it's fat, then protein and then carbs.

Make sure you can get a copy of the rules - print them out if it helps - and just follow those.

WifOfBif Tue 29-Mar-16 21:08:55

I'll print them off at work tomorrow. More fat - got it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now