Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(4 Posts)
WandOfElderNeverProsper Sun 29-Nov-15 14:58:49

Hello! I'm returning to low-carb after (a long!) a while off. I've lately lost 11kg but the scales have slowed to a crawl - so switching to low-carb. I started around Thursday, and woke up Saturday feeling like utter crap. Whole body hurts, pounding head, appetite nil (except for the sugar cravings), feel nauseous... I've heard of carb-flu but this is unreal!

Some advice and reassurance would be appreciated smile

lifeinthemiddle Wed 13-Jan-16 21:53:32

Have you stopped caffeine too ? That made me feel exactly as you describe !

CalmYoBadSelf Wed 13-Jan-16 21:56:30

Keep drinking plenty of fluids and I think they say electrolytes like in bouillon but I'm not quite sure

It does seem around the right time frame for carb flu. Keep going though, don't give up and you'll feel great once it passes

Drogon Fri 15-Jan-16 20:25:18

Sounds like carb flu! My first carb flu was ok, a little tired and a bad head for a day and then I felt great. After a small slip of a couple of weeks I had a day of the most horrendous carb flu, I thought it was real flu. I had to call in sick and spend the day in bed and I couldn't eat a thing. The next day, perfectly normal again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now