Talk

Advanced search

I seem to be swelling up

(6 Posts)
desperatelyseekingamovingdate Mon 02-Nov-15 10:54:11

Hi i am on week 4-5, its going really well, feel great, love the food etc etc. Bootcamp veteran.

I am losing weight ( no scales but jeans looser, face thinner etc) but my fingers have swollen, i feel very fluidly ifyswim. I am drinking lots but do i need more salt, more water or something else?

Has anyone had this?

Feel great but worried the circulation is going to be cut off my finger by wedding ring!

BIWI Mon 02-Nov-15 23:01:20

How much is 'lots'? Bloating is a sign that you should be drinking more water!

Generally you should be making sure that you're getting plenty of sodium, magnesium and potassium. How much salt are you using?

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Tue 03-Nov-15 08:06:35

Hi Biwi,had a good holiday?

Drinking 3l of water plus black coffee x 3/4 -lots of weight to lose. I add salt to food and have avocados, spinach and occasionally yoghurt. Just had totm so not sure if thats related. I couldnt take my wedding ring off if i had too but last week i could have - at a push.

Never had this before. If i had scales i am sure i would be due a whoosh any day as i feel all wobbly and soft.

BIWI Tue 03-Nov-15 08:17:55

Given that bloating/water retention can suggests a need to drink more water, perhaps you could try adding an extra glass or two? (Check the Bootcamp rules on the spreadsheet - there's a table there that shows you how much water you should be drinking, depending on how much you weigh)

and this article suggests that low sodium (and other electrolytes) may be an issue.

If you were pre-menstrual that might also be a cause - but you aren't, so that wouldn't appear to be an issue.

Try upping your water a bit, but also your sodium/magnesium/potassium a bit. If it hasn't resolved within a few days, I'd go to your GP - especially if you've low carbed before and haven't suffered from this.

ProfYaffle Tue 03-Nov-15 08:23:25

Hi Desperately - Sorry to hear you're having problems. I had a quick google but couldn't see many people complaining of swollen fingers while lcing. Wherever people have asked for advice online the recommendation seems to be to go to the GP to rule out an underlying condition.

I agree with BIWI, you know this diet inside out, as this is a new thing it is probably unrelated to diet.

desperatelyseekingamovingdate Tue 03-Nov-15 08:46:22

oohhh, i am off on holidays in a mo but if its still the same when i get back i will head to a gp.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now