Talk

Advanced search

Week 4 - Low Carb Bootcamp - it's the first day of summer today!

(255 Posts)
BIWI Mon 01-Jun-15 07:24:38

Morning all.

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness which looks a bit different this morning! All the tabs appear to be at the top now! No idea what's going on there.

I hope that week 3 hasn't been too unkind to you all, but if you have found that your weight loss has stopped, or even that you've put a pound or so back on, don't worry!

It's your body adjusting to the new regime. Just KOKO (keep on keeping on) and you'll be fine. Things will get moving again very soon, although be prepared for a lower weekly loss from here on in - around 1-2lbs a week, which is a perfect and more sustainable way to lose.

Here's to a good week 4!

ditavonteesed Mon 01-Jun-15 07:27:01

BIWI, morning smile I can't click on the spreadsheet, same thing as last week. sorry to be a pain.

ditavonteesed Mon 01-Jun-15 07:34:21

spreadsheet link that worked last week

BIWI Mon 01-Jun-15 07:37:05

I'm not really sure what to suggest, dita - I've just clicked on the link in my OP and it works for me!

BIWI Mon 01-Jun-15 07:38:00

Both my link and your link work for me.

Are you using Google Chrome?

ditavonteesed Mon 01-Jun-15 07:41:54

Not google chrome, no idea but one or the other should work for everyone.
I just want a monday morning gush, thanks again for all the help and support you give all us internet strangers for no personal gain. This woe and therefore you have actually changed my life. smile
My loss isn't much but it is a loss so that'll do for me. I just feel so much better and more energised I cant believe how many years I have been tired for.

SayraT Mon 01-Jun-15 07:43:35

Both links work for me but the one BIWI posted looks "wrong" with the tabs at the top, I will try and sort it later.

I am now back having submitted my thesis on Friday and then having a very action packed celebratory weekend (was a weekend for my dads 70th and mums 60th but also celebrated submission and new job). I am very very grateful that I only put on 4 lbs given what I've eaten a drunk this weekend...would be surprised if anything was LC.

Anyway, its not every day your parents are 60 & 70 (not that there birthdays are the same day just quite close) so happy that I enjoyed myself.

Hopefully now that I am just working I will be back to full spreadsheet updating ability but thanks to lex and anyone else who dealt with the sheet while I was AWOL.

shebedee Mon 01-Jun-15 07:50:46

Thanks BIWI. I just updated my spreadsheet using the link from Week 1 which looked like it always has. I hope that's OK. Thanks for all your hard work doing all this admin.
I have lost a pound this week but my clothes are much looser around the middle. I feel so much happier and brighter, especially in the morning- and the sun is shining here in North Norfolk- Hurray!

Tetley650 Mon 01-Jun-15 08:10:02

I haven't put on, I haven't put on!!!! I nearly cried yesterday - I did weigh and with no clothes during the day and at that moment I had put on another 2. I felt dismal and finally resorted to a glass of water to make me fell better. No off limit carb passed my lips in my moment of gloom and self pitying. I am going to wait to add to spreadsheet as need to go to the loo properly and then I can post a loss no matter how small. So for all those who have lost or sts well done and all those who have nudged the scale up wards take heart and koko. I have and despite no losses at all since I started, I decided not to give in, stick to it and win. I now have the initial weight gains to lose but as long as the trend is down then I am happy.
Good luck to DS starts 4 days of exams today.

Dumdedumdedum Mon 01-Jun-15 08:27:00

I was about to give up, having gained 2lbs this week (due to being over-enthusiastic with BC Lite over an extended week-end, though I had gained earlier in the week anyway) but your stirring words have galvanized me to give it a go for another week, at least.
Good luck to everyone, KOKO!

plumstone Mon 01-Jun-15 08:37:24

1lb on - but I have no distractions this week, and am really going to focus!!! today has been/will be:

B - BPC and a dairy free coconut yogurt from Crussh
L - salmon and salad
D - Fried eggs and sausages
W - 3 liters
Note to self - PLAN, PLAN,PLAN STAY FOCUSED AND THINK THIN!!!!!

have great Monday everyone! xoxo

YoureMyWifeNowDave Mon 01-Jun-15 08:37:58

Hi all

Weight loss for me is being very slow but at least its going in the right direction!

Just wanted to let folks know that organic coconut oil is half price on amazon today www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005GUU680?ref_=gbsl_tit_l-1_3507_43973888&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE if anyone needs to stock up

BIWI Mon 01-Jun-15 08:46:45

Thanks for the thanks grin

But it's you lot who are doing the hard work, not me.

Tetley - don't ever even think about weighing yourself during the day. All you're doing is weighing yourself plus anything you've eaten or drunk during the day!

cathyandclaire Mon 01-Jun-15 08:48:29

Morning all! It's been a heavily social weekend, have managed to keep to BCL but vast quantities and too much wine staggeringly I've managed to STS but going to weigh in officially tomorrow to incentivise myself to be very strict today. Joining you Plum on the focus, plan and think thin mantra!
The tapas were all lovely, thanks Crabby. Going to be a very eggy day for me today and bucket loads of water to see if I can woosh a pound off over night.

justonemorethread Mon 01-Jun-15 09:23:12

Hello, can't use my usual scales today and looks like ill be at the hospital with my mum again all day. Not sure what there is to eat round here but I ended up skipping breakfast as there was nothing in my parents house.

I think if I can aim just to loose 1 pound it would be something!

PeppermintFrog Mon 01-Jun-15 09:36:08

I have STS which is ok by me, especially as I have noticed this morning my belt is down a notch!!! Can't remember when I bought it but it would seem I have a few more well-worn notches to go...

Berries, yogurt and an almond and vanilla "scone" is my new BCL breakfast, lovely! Should definitely help me to KOKO. This week my aim is to stick to one coffee and lots of water. Good luck everyone and thank you BIWI. You are really helping me stay on the straight and narrow slim. Xx

Username12345 Mon 01-Jun-15 10:34:28

I lost a lb. Haven't lost more than before but going in the right direction so I'm happy.

I'm staying on BC and eating x3 a day but does anyone feel less hungry?

Congrats to the losers. Stay strong everyone x

sassandfaff Mon 01-Jun-15 10:35:34

Ive sts, and i was able to use dita's link to put my weight on, but biwi's wouldn't work for me. Im on a chromebook.

DarkEvilMoon Mon 01-Jun-15 10:43:01

I have made the decision to stop weighing and start focusing on measurements. I found a page on pinterest which had a body diagram with suggested measurement points and I think that that is my way forwards. Ever time I see a loss on the scales I end up sabotaging myself. So fingers crossed this is the answer. Will periodically stand on the scales but as and when. I have a trouser aim, and if I can shift an inch or so off my thighs then that is totally achievable.

DarkEvilMoon Mon 01-Jun-15 10:50:26

That said I can't enter a weight into the spread sheet, or check a conversion. I can look at everything but can't edit anything.

DarkEvilMoon Mon 01-Jun-15 11:00:49

Ah worked using the 2nd link.

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 01-Jun-15 11:01:28

Morning all. I'm 1lb down, could someone enter it on the spreadsheet please? 121. Thanks very much. I'll pay these good deeds forward, I feel bad having to ask each week. It is appreciated flowers

I've realised I suffer from restless arms, quite often now Im kept awake for hours with my arms feeling heavy/numb/pins and needles kind of thing. It also makes sense regarding all the 'growing pains' I used to suffer as a child, they were so painful. Last night and today is particularly bad, my arms feel so heavy and like I have no strength in them. I'm so tired because I was awake until 2am and then ds had some teething trouble. Anyway some people reckon the restless thing can be due to a lack of iron so I'm going to up that and hopefully start getting some decent sleep.

Have a great day all xx

blessedenough Mon 01-Jun-15 11:03:03

Not weighing here as it makes me demented. Def feeling slimmer even though I had a very bcl weekend oopps. Also totm here so would be expecting a gain.

I have been upping fat by having 2 bpcs a day- made with decaff.

I have tried to reduce dairy as much as possible and drink more water. Will stay off scales for as long as poss and hope I will have broken the 13.8 barrier- finally.

7 weeks until 5 k so really need to start running outside, I get bored and stop when on treadmill. Can't use the excuse that I am waiting to be keto adapted anymore!

Well done everyone on losses and chin up to those who sts or put on. Koko

ditavonteesed Mon 01-Jun-15 11:03:43

guy done for you, sounds like some kind of muscle thing, I would definatly do a bit more research.

Tetley650 Mon 01-Jun-15 11:12:09

dumble you are welcome.
And I have now lost 0.6lb - not much of a dent in the initial accumulation but finally I can have a %age of a twirl(no not the choccy one).
* BIWI * I know but yesterday I felt so good...
One thing is the scales I have remember the last weight - DS had obviously weighed himself do a plan is to give him my excess lb-age. He's 13 so growing and so will put on weight - but a good mental game. Going back over the threads it really does seem we all have a mental reaction to food in some way - I know that this BC has definitely helped me reassess my mindset and there is always the biwi stick to consider.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now