Talk

Advanced search

<100g a day. Too much?

(3 Posts)
TooGoodyTwoShoes Sun 08-Feb-15 17:31:13

I know low carbing works as I did the <20g Atkins induction a few years back and lost a stone in two weeks.

I'm too busy to stick to something that rigidly though so I'm wondering ...

<100g a day?

I don't have a lot to lose. I'm 5,10" and weigh 11.4st. I want to go back to 10.7st and fit back into my size 12s.

I do exercise but I plan to increase that.

Is 100g a day too much?

BIWI Mon 09-Feb-15 07:36:57

It's a really impossible question to answer, because everyone is different and has a different level of carbs that they can tolerate.

But in general terms, under 100g a day is seen as low carb.

The only way to find out is to try it and see what happens.

Another thing to consider is how many carbs you're eating in one go. From what I've read, it's better to have spread the carbs over your meals rather than have them all in one go.

FurryDogMother Mon 09-Feb-15 19:46:47

Also consider the source of your carbs - liver, mussels, brussels sprouts, carrots and similar won't cause blood sugar spikes in the same way that a Mars bar would, for example - so if your 100g comes from pulses, peas, sweet potatoes or other complex carbs, you'll probably do well - simple sugars, not so much, 'cos they'll set off cravings smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: