Advanced search

please help me...I'm useless at this!

(7 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 20-Jan-15 18:24:34

Oh blimey. I can't find my motivation for this and I am getting really down. Its been a tough start to the year emotionally and while I feel ready to get cracking, my motivation is non existent. I've started the last two days with good intentions and eating right, but at some point during the day I have flipped out. It happens before I know it, I jsut break it and I've headed for the biscuits. I do it so fast, its weird, it just overcomes me. In my head I know that this woe is a healthier way forward, it all makes sense. Why can't I get past day 1 this time? Gaaaahh! I feel so miserable. Is it because I feel I have so much to lose and its so far in the distance its a bit unobtainable? Its all about whats in my head, I know that for sure.
If anyone can help, offer a kick up the rear or words of advice, I would be grateful.

momnipotent Tue 20-Jan-15 18:27:41

I can commiserate, although that probably doesn't help. I have had a rough year so far too, have the best of intentions to sort my diet and weight out once and for all but can't stick it for more than a day. Just makes me more and more fed up with myself, and feel hopeless and helpless, can't seem to get off the vicious circle! I will be watching for inspiration and kicks up the backside too.

Amaxapax Tue 20-Jan-15 18:37:39

Can you set yourself a shorter term goal on which to focus? I'm going on holiday in April, so that's my goal, but my focus between now and then is my husband's birthday. I want to be able to get dressed up and feel really confident and attractive. That's in about five weeks. When I'm struggling, I picture myself standing in my kitchen in skinny jeans and heels, making cocktails for our friends. Try to identify a specific event, picture how you want to look for it, and then work towards that goal. As my dad always says, "Plan your work and work your plan."

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Thu 22-Jan-15 14:45:44

Bin the biscuits!

RandomHouseRules Thu 22-Jan-15 23:12:33

I live boot camp, it is fab and it really works for me. However, I have to be really careful about what is in the house as my willpower is pretty low in general. So I don't, in the main, keep biscuits, wine etc in the house when LCing (tho I do find it easier after the first week or so). I freeze bread (my downfall) so if the kids want some I just take what they need and that extra action of having to take from the freezer stops me from indulging in late night toast. Are you eating enough fat and drinking enough water? This should mean you avoid being to hungry. Have very easy to access healthy snack in the fridge, ready to go. Celery and cucumber for when you are on form. Ready cooked crispy bacon for when you want something naughty. You can do it!

RandomHouseRules Thu 22-Jan-15 23:13:05

I LOVE boot camp. Not live it. Although at the moment I suppose both are true!

BIWI Sat 24-Jan-15 18:02:38

keepon ditch anything in the house that might derail you.

And after that, think long and hard about why you want to do it, what your ambitions are - having a goal in mind is a really good way to keep you focused.

But ultimately, sadly, no-one else can do it for you! (I'd be a very wealthy woman if I'd found a way to make that happen grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now